Can anyone help identify this Kramer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help identify this Kramer?

The body kind of looked like that. It had a trem kind of like that found on a standard strat.it had the single humbucker, 22 frets, single volume knob. I found it at a local music store used for $250. I can't remember what it said on the headstock ... I'm thinking it said Kramer "boost" or "booster" but I may be wrong. They had 2, one black and one white. It seemed as the white one had a Floyd Rose installed, but the body hadn't been routed, so you could only dive with it. Anybody have any clues?

Re: Can anyone help identify this Kramer?

I would assume it's plywood, but go to www.kramerforum.com and they should have a ansewr
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

ok, I'll try that, thanx.

Comment

It looks like a Aerostar ZX-10. As for the other one you mentioned,Kramer made plenty of guitar with non-recessed Floyds so it's hard to say exactly what it is with out pics. Here's a pic of a ZX-10. Check this site for alot of info about Kramer guitars.
        http://www.vintagekramer.com/company43.htm

Chris
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

What do you think $250 is for a used one. It looks like the ZX-10.

Comment

I would say no, being korean I bet it's plywood. For $250 that's a model 2/1 and you can't get better than a model 2/1
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Personally, I would pass on it at that price. It probably didn't cost that much new (The list price on the Aerostar series ranged from $329.95 to $369.95). The ZX-10s were made in Korea, have plywood bodies and were one of the cheapest guitars in the Kramer line. For $250.00, you could get a better guitar. Try Ebay. There's several different brands of good guitars in that price range. If you want a Kramer, there's usually several of the Japanese made Focus series (with real Floyds, solid wood bodies, etc.) available most of the time.

What does the shop want for the guitar with the non-recessed Floyd? It may be a Focus series, look through the guitars here http://www.vintagekramer.com/focus.htm

Chris
              Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Working...
              X