Another Speedloader option!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Speedloader option!

It looks like Floyd is doing an import line.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...?q=speedloader

Could be a great deal for 400 bucks.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Another Speedloader option!

I noticed that too. It does look like a great deal. I'd love to try one out.

Comment

My couson bought a BC Rich on close out with that trem (paid under $300 out he door so he was psyched). He returned the guitar within 4 days. He felt that the trem, while intreging at first, was a weak point for an otherwise cool cheapo guitar.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

ya just gotta love the "quasi-Strathead" though! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Those look nifty, I'd also like to try one but I doubt I'd buy one unless they put it on a Soloist...

Comment

Our other guitarist has one on a NJ-series BC Rich, and we al basicly agree that it sucks. Within the first couple of months, one of the allen bolts that controls the tuning for a string when you go past the fine-tuning range stripped out. The thing does keep tune worth a crap compared to an original Floyd. You're limited on string choice, and changing strings is an even more annoying process than usual.

Comment

I guess Floyd's USA models aren't doing so well? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

They look like nice axes, but I'd just like to try one in person before shelling out $1800 for the US version.

Comment

At the store I work at we have had all of the 6 B.C. Rich NJ guitars that we sold with speedloaders come back due to faulty bridges.

They break quite easy as they are not made of the same materials original floys were.

The guitars are poorly made as well and just leaves an overall bad taste in my mouth about this "new" innovation.

Old saying, "If it ani't broked, don't need fixin'"

So I would steer clear of an even "cheaper" model, put the 400$ into some cool effects or something better, beef up what you already have. this stuff just isn't worth it in the long run!

Just my .02

Chris

RIP Brother Dime!!
                1966-2004

Comment

I was at the introduction of the speedloader in Frankfurt ( believe it was 2 years ago) the sales guy from Schaller only had a few examples (which looked quite unfinished) because they where still finetuning the production process however there were already NJ BC Riches with speedloaders available at the exposition which leads me to believe that the BC Rich version was/is not made by Schaller (and thus could be made of less perfect materials).
                  I have a schaller made speedloader and it is just as good as my OFR (even better because I can change strings within 30 seconds and be in tune)

Comment

TBH BC Rich should have stuck a Schaller on those guitars and upgraded the pickups aswell.

It's a bad Idea that isnt going to last, I mean the Ibanez Idea was much better, it decreases string changing time, but you dont need expensive special strings either.

I doubt BCR use the german made one on the NJ series, they would charge a lot more for it.

and whats with the three singles on the Floyd Rose guitars? unless theyre stacked hums in the bridge, but I mean most people who use ofr's use humbuckers don't they?

Ozz

Comment

I believe the BCR's use Ping bridges. The Schaller made ones on USA guitars are every bit as well made as any other Floyd.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        ya just gotta love the "quasi-Strathead" though! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I hear originally he was going to use a headless like steinberger?
                        I think i prefer the "quasi-strathead" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I think the whole look is ugly, and I use custom gauge strings, I don't think they make double ball 0.060's

Comment

I spoke with one of Floyd's guys yesterday. They will be introducing these new guitars at NAMM. In addition, they will be introducing a couple set neck instruments.

I saw prototypes of both of the basic models about 18 mos. ago.

One is going to be a pointy V - the prototype body was very cool. Similar to a King V. The recess for the Floyd extends all the way - looked neat.

The other is more along the lines of a Gibson/PRS set neck guitar. Short scale, binding, 3x3 headstock.

You NAMM bound folks should see these pretty soon.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                            X