Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roscoe Guitars.. Know anything about them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscoe Guitars.. Know anything about them?

Here is a pic of one that I found for sale.. You know anything about them?

I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Roscoe Guitars.. Know anything about them?

I'm pretty sure "Death Plays a Roscoe"

Comment

They were popular in the eighties, and made guitars for the likes of Joe Perry, C.C. DeVille, etc.

Now, they make bass guitars exclusively, and are extremely respected in the "boutique" bass market. I own a Roscoe bass, and someone else on the forum owns two. ALl of their basses are hand made, utilize exotic woods, and are among the "best of the best" when it comes to bass guitars.

Here's a link the my thread when I got my Roscoe:

Proud Daddy

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

BTW, that is a mean looking guitar; if it's available for a fair price, I'd snag it if I were you.

If you wanted any info on it, you can call and talk to Keith Roscoe himself. The number at Roscoe guitars is 336.274.8810.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

\,,/

Keith originally worked at a store Ken Hoover of Zion Guitars (perhaps the greatest shredders of all time) and David Sheppard, acoustic guru and luthiery master. He built some freakin' awesome rock/metal guitars. They're pretty hard to come by, and he won't build ANY guitars now (I tried [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), so you should grab that one if you can.

Comment

He wants LP trades and I ahve an LP to trade but I am not so sure I want too still that is not my fav finish it sure is a unique guitar
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I really like that finish...awesome looking. I would snag it.

Comment

The store that I used to work at had a couple of cool Roscoes. One had an Isabella Rossellini portrait graphic, and the other was a blue quilt. Nice guitars, with that BC Gunslinger "No frills" vibe to them. The one downside was the Kahler Steeler trems. I believe they're now both owned by an acquaintance of mine, who has achieved fame/notoriety for his part in the Michael Angelo quad-neck saga!

Comment

I wouldn't trade an LP for it unless it was a low-end LP.. That guitar is worth $400-$600 tops.. That's not even an exotic Roscoe.. I've had lesbian grapics,a jimi Hendrix graphic and the skull and bones Joe Perry copy.. I never payed more then 4 bills for any of them..

If you have a gibby lp like a standar or custom or even a classic, it's worth more then that Roscoe..

Comment

Kickaxe is correct, Roscoes are very cool and play excellent (I have 3 of them), but normally will go for $400 to $600, and your LP is probably worth more than that (and will probably go up in value over the years vs. the Roscoe).

Comment

For what its worth I have a Roscoe firebird and its amazing.Its Mahog body/Maple quilt top,great weight,wood,components ect.Second to none.Keith Roscoe is a bass builder and basses take a little more effort to build a great one.Thats how this firebird is built in every way even though its a 6 string guitar.
                      Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        For what its worth I have a Roscoe firebird and its amazing.Its Mahog body/Maple quilt top,great weight,wood,components ect.Second to none.Keith Roscoe is a bass builder and basses take a little more effort to build a great one.Thats how this firebird is built in every way even though its a 6 string guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics!

Comment

No sh1t, PICS of that Firebird please.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Roscoe
                            Take a look
                            Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

Cool firebird! Never saw the "R" logo before. Cool thing about Roscoe's is there are a bunch of different type guitars and different headstocks they used. Here's one of mine:
                              [image][/image]

Comment

Working...
                              X