Scalloped fretboard~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalloped fretboard~

I'm looking for the cheapest possible way to get my hands on a scalloped fretboard... anyone know of a cheap brand er something? I'm trying to get around doing it myself....

Re: Scalloped fretboard~

nope sorry. cheapest i've heard was still like $175, and it came out crappy. this guy butchered my friend's strat!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'd get a neck from Warmoth. The cheapest is $132 for a maple/maple neck, then add $75 for half-scallop (frets 12-22) or $90 for a full-scallop (frets 1-22)

Comment

Warmoth is the cheapest (and really good quality). Paddock was selling a model 3 with a warmoth scalloped neck on it for $350.00. Check the classifieds.

Comment

The cheapest way would be to get a used neck, necessary tools and scallop yourself. It really is no big deal, IMO. Just practice with some crappy necks first and then you're ready for derious surgery. Blackmore did it by himself, and so did Malmsteen before he got fat.

Comment

Update: Base price for a Warmoth maple/maple neck is now $157.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The cheapest way would be to get a used neck, necessary tools and scallop yourself. It really is no big deal, IMO. Just practice with some crappy necks first and then you're ready for derious surgery. Blackmore did it by himself, and so did Malmsteen before he got fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, he's got to buy a cheap neck. Then, if he doesn't have the proper tools, he has to buy those. Then he's got to pratice on some cheap necks (surely they cost something). Not to mention the value of his time. Need the number for Warmoth? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "POOP"

Comment

Ditto, Warmoth is the way to go. I've got several Warmoth's and a Fender YJM. I love the Warmoth's. They are all full scallops. Very good quality. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

lol, we rag on Malmie for being a bit tubbie...poor guy.

Comment

I'll recommend Warmoth as well BUT if you're going for the YJM replica like I've done, just be aware that warmoth don't install the brass nut if you specify it...(and they don't tell you about it either) so now I have to ship the neck halfway around the country to a luthier who knows his shit well enough to do the job [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                    That being said, their product seems to be great quality.

- Rune.

Comment

Click here for a useful and hilarious tutorial. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I knew this would pop up in this thread. LOL!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Click here for a useful and hilarious tutorial. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That poor fretboard [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] and it only took 3 days [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwhahahahahahaah!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's being a while since i laught so hard. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Working...
                            X