GMW strat neck specs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW strat neck specs...

What's the fretboard radius on the GMW strat necks? What type of truss rods do they have (dual action, etc..)?

Re: GMW strat neck specs...

You should contact Lee for all your questions to be answered.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

ok, I thought that Lee might be too busy to answer those questions. I'll shoot him an e-mail.

Comment

Send him e-mail, he usually gets back with people within a day.

Comment

I beleive the only change to the necks are the headstocks. The truss rod nut is still at the heel of the neck and the radius is the same as before.

Comment

FYI, I will be getting at least 1 of the new ones even if it has a pineapple headstock. His work is perfect if you enjoy "Playing" a guitar
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

The GMW necks/guitars that I own all have amazing feeling necks. In order to compare my GMW necks to vintage Charvel necks, I used to compare them all to the 7-Up green pre-pro parts guitar that Tim Rose built, I used to own, and BSteff now owns. My GMW Crossed Swords neck felt very similaar to that 7-Up pre-pro neck.
              BTW, a while back, I ordered and paid Lee for one of the brand new GMWs; serial # G002. It'll have the Millenium headstock which looks wickedly cool and is sure to please GMW fans.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                FYI, I will be getting at least 1 of the new ones even if it has a pineapple headstock. His work is perfect if you enjoy "Playing" a guitar

[/ QUOTE ]

Pineapple headstock!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                Well.. actually you can request that only for your custom instead.. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                J/K

Comment

G002!!!!

Tom, that would be one of 2 that Lee is selling with different pricing than his normal because of early serial#.

Comment

Is G002 the single hum hot-rod flames with floyd? I was interested in that when Lee first told me about it, but he said it was on hold and he'd let me know if the prospective buyer pulled out - damn!
                    Now I'm considering the b/w target with the target inlays (G004?: can't remember!), but we shall see!
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      The GMW necks/guitars that I own all have amazing feeling necks. In order to compare my GMW necks to vintage Charvel necks, I used to compare them all to the 7-Up green pre-pro parts guitar that Tim Rose built, I used to own, and BSteff now owns. My GMW Crossed Swords neck felt very similaar to that 7-Up pre-pro neck.
                      BTW, a while back, I ordered and paid Lee for one of the brand new GMWs; serial # G002. It'll have the Millenium headstock which looks wickedly cool and is sure to please GMW fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss something? I thought he hadn't released the new headstock designs yet.

Comment

Probably Tom has seen it already since he paid for it.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        Millenium headstock... which one ? The sharpy one? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

These are some of the first releases from GMW and should be done in 2weeks according to Lee.

Comment

Working...
                        X