Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Epiphones (fans of Schenker, Sykes and Wylde )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Epiphones (fans of Schenker, Sykes and Wyl

he did for a while, but it was too heavy so he got endorsed by someone else. he did record a lot of stuff with a pink LP custom.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I really would like this one

but maybe i should be like the guy in twisted sister and refinish my White beat up Les Paul to pink [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nah [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Jay Jay French play a Pinkburst Les Paul?

I don't remember seeing him with one....

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Well, shucks. Some nice stuff coming from Epi this year. Love the new Zakk's and the SG with the Maestro tailpiece.

Comment

I really want the Camo but I think I'll go for the Sykes and Schenker first since it looks like they will be limited.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

The Sykes is the chrome one, then? If so, yeah, it's neat.

I like the Camo more and more every time I look at it. What's the street price gonna be, $799 like the Bullseye?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I like the B/W flying V. I'd like to get one when they come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! I'd like to find out the specs and see what kind of wood it's made from though. If I do pick up one, I'm going to have my tech paint the truss rod cover and "age" the pickguard.
            "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              I like the B/W flying V. I'd like to get one when they come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! I'd like to find out the specs and see what kind of wood it's made from though. If I do pick up one, I'm going to have my tech paint the truss rod cover and "age" the pickguard.

[/ QUOTE ] My 81 is Vintage White with a white pickguard and I don't mind it. I will just paint the upper half of the Epi pickguard black and clear over the whole thing. That should give it a bit of an aged look. Oh, and a Gibson truss rod cover to complete the illusion.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm diggin' the LP ultra with the hollowed body and the McCartney Texan. The dot studios with the natural finish is kinda cool too!

Comment

Are any of our dealers here Epiphone dealers? I emailed Wild West and they replied no. Crap! [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yeah really. If any of you guys are Epi dealers let us know so we can give you our business.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Is it true that new USA Gibsons are now virtually impossible to obtain/afford, due to some weird marketing strategy that Gibson has recently implemented? Does this mean that the Epiphone line of imports is going to replace all but the most exclusive "Boutique" models in the Gibson range?

Comment

Wow, I am really impressed! I'm lovin' the Zakk camo/maple neck...Schenker model...and the "Midnight" Custom...oh, I just noticed that the descriptions say's a trans. black finish w/ flamed maple top on that "midnight". That is pretty badass. I think they may get a purchase or two out of me this year...hmmmmm, who knows. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Impressing...indeed! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Is there a big diff between them and the Gibson models? I have been tempted to get a Faded Gibson, but would rather have Black or White, but I don't know if the V will feel/play similarly, plus the difference in wood type, mah sounds different from Alder to most folks. Are all epi Vs alder?
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The Sykes is the chrome one, then?

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Yeah, which one is the Sykes model?

That is awesome that epi is making the Zakk camo! I love the color but more importantly - a maple neck!!
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I've always liked the Zakk Buzzsaw! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Buzzsaw is sweet!! I am curious about the price for sure. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X