• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seymour duncan live wire

anybody had one in there guitars .i have recently bought
    one for around $30 cheap i assume

Re: seymour duncan live wire

There's a few different models of Live Wire, but I had one of the "Metal" Humbuckers, which I put in an old Kramer Baretta. I never thought that I would find a pickup that was too powerful, but that bloody thing was insane! I ended up trading it to a mate, who put it in a Les Paul...

Comment

it takes two 9v batterys

Comment

They are over the top in gain. No clean up at all when you roll the volume back. If you need something to hit the front of your amp hard, then this is it.

Comment

Yep, I remember the hassle I had, trying to find room for two batteries! Good pickups though, just don't expect to play any quiet, clean, sensitive passages with'em!

Comment

Sensative passages? What the hell's that? We listen to Slayer over here young man.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

what does it compare to an emg 81

Comment

I wish I could get rid of the LW Metal I have. It's pretty much worthless if you're not playing something like extreme death metal. WAY hotter than any EMG I've played.

Comment

Then I shall give them a look [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Do any of you guys have the Charvel Model A's that came with live wires? They sound great to me in that guitar, I don't think of them as sounding "over the top", just nice and juicy. I'm not really an extreme metal guy either, just like the way they sound.

Comment

im putting it in my model1 heres a pic of the guitar ,see how it sounds like when i put it in
                      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X