Hamer Californian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer Californian?

I put a downpayment on this bad larry today. Can anybody give me more info? It plays very well, and I like having the single in the neck:

http://www.daddys.com/php/usedgear_d...ductid=HAM1672

I can't quite tell which model it is, since it's Korean but has the boomerangs on a rosewood board. Thoughts?

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Re: Hamer Californian?

That's a Californian, all right. Great price!

Comment

That's what I said!

Comment

Yeah, looks like a great price for that axe. I'm not too up on the Korean models, but I might suggest upgrading the pickups and electronics if they haven't been already. I've got a Distortion/Cool Rails in my USA Cali and that thing completely rips.

Comment

This guy had an 80s USA Californian at work on Friday, and it had some preamp in it that was pretty rad...it made the new B52 amp sound good even! I think you'll like it.

Comment

yeah, they're duncan designs right now, but I have no idea what I'm going for

Comment

I had an older Korean Californian at one time, which played amazingly well. It had a nice mahogany body with clear finish, but had dots instead of the cool boomerangs yours has. I replaced the bridge pickup with a Full Shred and still didn't like the sound. I'd recommend a DiMarzio Evolution.

Comment

I was thinking of going for an evolution actually. No idea what to get in the neck though.

Comment

Cool. I think you'll like it if you do. I'm very happy with mine. I guess my favorite non-active pickups are the DiMarzio Evolution and the Seymour Duncan Custom Custom.

I don't know much about neck pickups, though. Mine just gather dust. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a USA one. Dont know much about the Korean model but if it has the same neck thats great. Very nice necks on these guitars.

Might want to look into a Duncan Custom.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I've got a Custom Custom in my Carvin DC125, I'm looking for something a little hotter methinks. I play some down home metal through a Laney VC50...

Comment

*cough*Distortion*cough*

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I've got a Custom Custom in my Carvin DC125, I'm looking for something a little hotter methinks. I play some down home metal through a Laney VC50...

[/ QUOTE ]

You could try a Rio Grande BBQ Bucker or Genuine TX Humbucker, raunchy, yet pristinely clear tones...same compny that makes Robin guitars... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X