EB/MM Steve Morse pickup switching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB/MM Steve Morse pickup switching?

On the Steve Morse model, there's four pickups, two toggle switches and one blade switch as well as the volume and tone controls. What exactly do each of these switches do? I've always kinda wanted one of these, but is the switching confusing??
    http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/in...images/699.jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: EB/MM Steve Morse pickup switching?

toejam, it ain't all that bad once you get used to it. When I bought mine(1991) there was no switiching schematic included with the guitar, or website to offer help, so I had to touch a nickel to the pickups as I played with the switches. lol. It took me a while to figure it out.

Numbering the pickups 1,2,3,4 starting at the bridge, here's the scoop:

3 way lever switch - down =PU 1
    middle=PU 4
    up =PU 2
    2 way toogle(neck) - down =adds PU1 to 3way lever selection
    up = OFF
    3way toggle (bridge) down =activates 3way lever& neck togg.
    middle=adds PU3 to lever & 2way toggle.
    up =activates PU3 only.

The easiest way to look at it is that the 2way nearest the neck adds the bridge hum to the neck HB or straight single coil.
    The 3way toggle adds the slanted single to whatever you've selected on the lever & 2way, or you can use it to play with PU3 only.
    The combinations are amazing and the guitar is very versatile. All the sounds are useable and as you play with them it becomes second nature. I've mentioned it before but my Morse has been my #1 since it came home with me. I compare all other guitars to it and will never let it go.
    I'm working with DCGL to secure one of the newer Morse models.
    Here's a link to the EBMM site with a diagram.

http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/te...stevemorse.pdf
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Thanks, Jimmy!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

They do too much, But the Albert Lee model is the Best "Strat" Sounding Guitar I have ever played.

Comment

The SMM guitar is an amazing guitar. I tried one in a Guitar Center once and it played so well (like butta!) but I had no idea about the switching and didnt get it. Skip ahead a few years, now I'm a huge fan of SM and realize that I lost a shot of getting one of those guitars used for a good price.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            They do too much, But the Albert Lee model is the Best "Strat" Sounding Guitar I have ever played.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Too bad the Albert Lee looks like ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The SMM guitar is an amazing guitar. I tried one in a Guitar Center once and it played so well (like butta!) but I had no idea about the switching and didnt get it. Skip ahead a few years, now I'm a huge fan of SM and realize that I lost a shot of getting one of those guitars used for a good price.

[/ QUOTE ]I've never seen one in my local GC, but I've got a lead on one in a shop not too far away that I think I'm gonna check out and see if it's at a good price.

Comment

Working...
              X