• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint Carvin DC VS Mint Jackson SLSMG

Ok..

Here's guitar Number one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...29432&rd=1

Guitar #2 is a modded Red SLSMG with Seymour Duncan Pups.

What would you go for, both are quite similar, but one is made in the USA, one is made in Japan. The Carvin has locking tuners and a graphtech nut, the Jackson is unknown.

The Carvin also has SS frets.

Im debating thigns right now.... Carvin...Jackson.... AND THEN there is an SL2H that Id also like, but would require me sellign some gear to pay for (extra 400$ usd)

Whats your thoughts, I havent played a SLSMG yet, but id like to.

Re: Mint Carvin DC VS Mint Jackson SLSMG

I'd go for the Carvin but I wouldn't be in a huge hurry to bid on it since he's run it through before w/o bids.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

i would take the carvin. i had a slsmg and it just didnt speak to me. carvin is usa made, and i really like the stainless steel frets.

Comment

I'd personally rather have that Carvin than an SLSMG, but the C22 pickups are not very powerful. I like their M22s and M22SDs but the C22s are a little weak unless classic rock
        is your thing. Stainless frets, and only 2 months old, that's pretty killer. Does it come with hardcase? I'm too lazy to go back and look, but assuming you'd get it for the $600 starting bid, that'd be a great deal.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, I emailed him. If I dont hear back from Pitboss, I may jump on it, it sounds like a great deal. Hopefully no one hear snipes it on me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

They're both great. I don't think you can go wrong either way. I LIKE THE SLSMG's A LOT!! I think they are going to be the model 6 of the future. The Carvin's, I like as well. The only negative thing I can say is I wish Carvin would do binding and I think their active electronics suck. Although I don't think this one has active electronics.

As I said before.... I think either way you will be thrilled.

Comment

RHMSC8...

It's funny you say that, because in my opinion, the Carvin actives I had on a 4 year old DC-127 were the best sounding pups Ive used ONLY behind a Duncan Custom I had in an Ibanez.

Decisions decisions...!

Comment

I'd go SLSMG, but I doubt you'll be disappointed with any of those.

Comment

I probably should of mentioned behind a modeler I don't like the active electronics.

I have two Carvin's, A DC127 and A DC400 Anniversary Edition. Behind the modeler on heavily distorted channel the DC400 sounds awful. On clean or blues(dirty) channels it is phenomenal.

Sorry, I should had clarified.

I should also mention the DC400 has the Holdsworth pup, which isn't potted.... That may be a bad combo for actives.

I also tend to favor Mahogany, So I may be biased. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd go slsmg... the neck is the thinnest ive seen on a neckthru, pure pleasure.

Comment

eBay seems to have pulled that Carvin auction. I wonder what happened. I remember that guitar from its first go-round. Nice-looking instrument.

Personally, I would go for the SLSMG. They have an awesome neck and sound really good--better, I think, than Carvin, which tends to be somewhat trebly.

Comment

Well, unfortunately both guitars are off the market.

Both good deals I missed out on, oh well. Im just debating if I need to spend 900$ on a used USA soloist, or be a little more practical and get something mid-range

Comment

The SLSMG is very very close in quality to a nice USA Soloist, but in the long run you might be happier with the USA guitar--it would most likely be a keeper. Like I should talk, though, I sold my USA Soloist recently...

Comment

for how much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Im slowly leaning towards NEITHER guitar.

I want a keeper, the Carvin and it's scale length bother me. The SLSMG and it's Jap workmanship doesnt. I want the kinda feel/solid/look I got from my USA SL2H I bought a few years back and later sold.

THAT is a regret!

Comment

I played 2 different SLSMG's at Guitar Center, and they both felt very good. I'm sure that a brand new one that's been properly set up and not screwed with by a bunch of 12 year olds would be even better.

Comment

Working...
                              X