Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get a cheap LES PAUL hardshell case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a cheap LES PAUL hardshell case?

This is more of a need for general advice rather than a "Classified" ad, so I posted here. Where can I possibly obtain a Les Paul hardshell case in good working order with latches and internal "fur" intact, with the exterior condition being anything, for as cheap a price as possible, preferably for free? Doesn't have to be a Gibson USA Les Paul case, just something that will protect the guitar from rapid humidity and temperature fluctuations in my basement and for the occasional transport throughout and out of the house.

Provide website links, or speak up if you have an old beat-up LP case you need to get rid of and you live within the national capital region so you can dump your trash onto me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

By the way, the guitar's finish is nitro, so I don't know how the inner case fur would affect it. Preferably, I obviously would not like to damage the finish. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think all the guitars I've ever owned have been poly finished, so yeah. Something to keep in mind.

Re: Where can I get a cheap LES PAUL hardshell case?

Rondo Music or the MF friends LP cases are very nice and you can get the MF case in Black or Tan Tweed. Jack.

Comment

Re: Where can I get a cheap LES PAUL hardshell cas

Musician's Friend does not ship to Canada, last time I checked. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I just did a quick check on Ebay for LP style cases. At those prices, including shipping, I might as well just go to my local store and buy my own brand new generic LP case for the same price. I'll have to call around my local music stores to see if they have any blem/scratch-and-dent LP cases or beat up LP cases they want to get rid of for cheap/free.

Comment

yeah dude, just grab one of the skb cases; $70 and you're done.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have an SKB case for my LP and it is really nice. The only problem is that there is no space to store anything in it. It has a little compartment in the neck area, but it isn't even large enough to holc my strap. Other than that, it appears indestructable. Plus it has that really great new guitar case glue smell.

Comment

Blast. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I love SKB cases, and I can usually put the strap in the case candy cavity, but there's not even space in the LP case to fit a measly strap? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

SKB is not a necessity for me since I rarely transport the guitar. I just don't want to keep the guitar in a gig bag since it's got a tilt-back headstock. I'll try to look for a less fancy hardshell case that will support the neck so the headstock doesn't touch anything. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X