Yet Another Strat Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Strat Question

Ever since I played a 50th aniversary Deluxe Strat at a local store, I've been thinking of getting one. I loved the look, the S1 switching system, the feel and the sound, but locally they are all sold now.

Then last weekend I saw and played the American Deluxe Strat V neck. The only differences I could tell are gold hardware and the neck shape and of course it not being a 50th ani. I'm going back this weekend to play it again, if its there. The V back-shape on the neck felt very easy to play even though that's the first time I've every tried one.

I'm just wondering if it would be worth trying to order a 50th or just get the regular deluxe. I think there is only about $150 difference in the two. And now there's all this talk about the new EJ Strat. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Or just say F' it and save and get a SLO this year??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Every where I turn someone is posting clips of their SLO. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jason

Re: Yet Another Strat Question

SLO all the way. If not, go for the EJ strat.

Comment

SLO? elaborate, please?

Comment

SLO. Strats are always out there. You can grab a good one at any time.

Comment

SLO! Sounds great and built like a tank!

Comment

Well I was kind of joking about the SLO, but I would really like to try one out. It would be hard for me to pay what they want new for one and after my first an only ebay purchase I'm kind of nervous about that too. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Does any one have any opinions on the 50th deluxe or the American deluxe?

Jason

Comment

I got my SLO from ebay. The guy lived about 2 hrs from my house, so I drove there to pick it up. At the time, I think I only purchased 2 items from ebay and I had no problems. And as for the American deluxe, they are great. comfortable, easy to play, and sound awesome through an SLO! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (I had to say that) If you're thinking about an American deluxe (50th same difference) I would get one. They are pretty sweet!

Comment

Working...
              X