My GMW experience,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My GMW experience,

Vic, I'm not sure if you know this, but I dropped by GMW today in hopes of checking out your neck, and Lee said it was over with Neal Moser getting the frets milled and worked on.

Comment

Yes I knew that. Lee told me it's with Neal again for a mill for it's setup before you get a hold of it. He will give it another fret dress. I think the body is ready soon, and I'm not sure when the case will arrive, but Lee may have ordered it before the guitar got back. I'm excited to see what it looks like with the recessed Floyd, some pics would be nice if you can.

Comment

I'll be happy to take pictures when I get it! I'm really hoping it is a great player when I get it, and that everything will work out best for you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I'm really hoping it is a great player when I get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Vic...sounds like you may have a tough time getting it outta Paddok's hands if Neal does a good job on the neck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

I'm sure he will let it go agin.... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I'm about to head off for a few days, and things are pretty stable at the moment, I'll see you guys early next week.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              I'm really hoping it is a great player when I get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Vic...sounds like you may have a tough time getting it outta Paddok's hands if Neal does a good job on the neck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah, no worries of that here. I already have TOO many guitar of my own. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Right. The point I was trying to make obviously flew right over your head. So whatever. With your eyesight that shouldn't surprise me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What in the Hell crawled up your butt with this thread?

My Jacksons also have perfect inlays in them... that is of course pre-Fender Jacksons. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Talk about flogging a dead horse. It has already been evaluated to death that he should have called Lee first but he didn't and it's done... end of story.

The question now is how to salvage the work... end of story.

There is no need to get nasty the way you have on this thread.

I also agree that a compromise is in order. A new neck at a reduced price to make everybody at least civil.

Mistakes do happen. I understand Lee not wanting to work on top of another luthiers work. I also understand that Lee let one slip out the door that shouldn't have gone out.

Once again if he wants that kind of work he can get a new USA select, not a guitar from a builder that everyone here thinks is the bees knees.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  let's all get together, with Lee, take alot of drugs and go bowling. we'll hash this thing out one way or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or better yet, Why don't everyone go play or write a friggin? [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Or better yet, want don't everyone go play or write a friggin song. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

sentence sense make little from your word

goonie goo-goo?
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

nice thread resurrection.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Well, seeing as we're here, there has been some activity going on, not much, but a little.

Far from being out the door last week, the main parts of the guitar are still with Lee, and Neal Moser has the neck still. I've been talking to Neal for a little while and though he normally ONLY does a fret dress for Lee, he said he'd do what he could to fix the frets for me. He's a nice guy, he doesn't have to do anything for me.

The latest is that Lee will be over at Neal's tomorrow to work on the neck. What that means I don't know, as Lee said he wouldn't do anything more to the neck, and I beleived him.

I'm very excited about just getting this guitar back, and with what Neal and Lee are going to do, I'm going to give the frets another chance, rather than replacing the board like I was going to.

Comment

Ooops, I just heard back from Neal, and when he said that "they" were going to work on the neck on Sunday, I thought he meant him and Lee, but it's Neal and his boys only. Lee will pick up the result on Monday. This makes more sense as I was wondering why Lee would work on it on Sunday, and then pick it up on Monday.

Comment

i have a feeling that you're gonna get something back that's gonna be pretty awesome. neal does amazingly killer fretwork, for sure. and yes, he's a very nice guy.

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                            X