esp balance issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esp balance issue?

Long long ago.. in a galaxy far away, the first guitar i ever purchased..was and Esp Ex 351 ltd, from what i remember.my biggest gripe with the guitar was not the sound..sounded great but the extremely bad balance. the stupid thing was so top heavy that i had to concentrate more on holding the guitar steady then on my playing [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. Now the question i have is does this just apply for the newer Dumber looking explorers from esp.. are the old Pre lawsuit explorers alot better balanced??? im talkin about the bolt on ones bye the way... how about there other guitar...les pual shaped ones.? Whats there balance like..even though im mostly concerned with the explorer ones right now..i would still like to know

Re: esp balance issue?

I can't comment on the ESP exp or les paul shapes, but their V models (with both wings the same size) have great balans
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

No one else can comment?

Comment

I have an ESP Eclipse CTM I and have no balance issues. Here is a pic of the guitar in question.

Comment

I think some of this is endemic to Explorer-type guitars. Jackson Kellys seem to have the same problem--especially the neckthru variety. I think it has to do with the position of the bottom strap pin. Supposedly you can move that around and achieve better balance.

Comment

I've got an LTD Eclipse (EC-300P) and have no balance issues with it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have an ESP Hannamen model (basically an SL2H with a newer Kalher flat mount and EMGs) and it balances fine.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
              X