My Kamikaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kamikaze

I have a 1990 USA Kamikaze that is in excellent condition - no scratches, marks, dings. It is a red/white/blue version, which was not available by standard order at the time. It has the original Duncan Distortion in it, and the Floyd sits flat against the body. Here is a picture:

Any idea as to what these older USA ones go for? Thanks in advance!
    -Mark

Re: My Kamikaze

That is sweet bro!! The floyd against the body would bother me as I really pull up sometimes, but still nice. Jack.

Comment

Having researched several of my old ESPs, there are no true USA made ESPs. All ESP bodies and necks come from Japan. However there are several customs that were painted and assembled here.
      As far as its worth thats hard to say. ESPs are all over the place. With the rarer paint scheme $850 to $1400. I have seen some Kamas barely clear $600.
      Very nice guitar.

Comment

A Kami II. I have one (as well as a III and IV), very cool. These usually command over $1100 on ebay for used, and around $1700 new. Here's a new one for sale, you could call the dealer to get a price (818)386-5500:
        Kami II for sale

Comment

Thats a great looking guitar, I always liked guitars that either look really "busy" and/or had bold solid colors.

I really like those kamikasi's. Whats not to like about them? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A local pawn shop has an ESP LTD Kamikasi, looks just like THIS KAMI They want $600ish (depends on how well I can haggle) for it, is that a good/bad/reasonable price for one?

Comment

I also have the LTD Kami like you show. Based on ebay past auctions (there's nothing up there now), I've seen them go from $350 to $450 w/case. I paid $400 out the door for a mint one w/the LTD case for it at a Music-go-round a few years ago. I'd say $600 is way too high.

Comment

Thats what I thought. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Most people on here come and tell about the great Pawn Shop deals they get, my local pawn shops try to screw you with retail and above retail prices.

I just dont get it. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

i just bought a cheap guitar yesterday with a full H/S/S EMG set in it for $74, a Vantage, as it is, seems like a nice body, OK neck, but i was after the electronics!

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    i just bought a cheap guitar yesterday with a full H/S/S EMG set in it for $74, a Vantage, as it is, seems like a nice body, OK neck, but i was after the electronics!

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i forgot to mention it was in a pawn shop...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I also have the LTD Kami like you show. Based on ebay past auctions (there's nothing up there now), I've seen them go from $350 to $450 w/case. I paid $400 out the door for a mint one w/the LTD case for it at a Music-go-round a few years ago. I'd say $600 is way too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

His guitar isn't an LTD. I would guess your guitar would sell anywhere from $850 to $1200 used on Ebay. It is sweet and red/wht/blue is a pretty rare combo. BTW... it isn't a USA made guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I've owned two - a K1 & K3 - and each was an incredible guitar. I sold both, in MINT condition, for $750 each. Of course, that was a "bro" price because I'm that kind of guy...ie, an idiot.
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

John is right on with his range for used Kami II. I was going to say $1000 give or take $200.

nonamemx - $600 is WAY too much for an LTD one. I bought one from MF for $399 in 2002 and sold it earlier this year for $380. $350-$450 is an accurate range for those.

As a side note, I've always loved the Kami IV with the wild colors, crazy headstock, and maple neck.
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                          X