Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flame maple vertical tops instead of horizontal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame maple vertical tops instead of horizontal??

Anybody ever see a flame maple top that goes vertically instead of the standard horizontal? I've got this idea for a top on a 7-string Carvin I want to order soon, but I can't remember if I've ever seen a guitar like this. If anyone can provide pics or links of guitars with tops like that, I'd appreciate it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Flame maple vertical tops instead of horizontal??

I've never seen one. I don't think it would be a very popular option because the bookmatched flametops look so damn cool. I guess if you could find flame maple stock in a wide enough width to cover a whole top, or even a veneer, you could certainly do it.

Comment

Re: Flame maple vertical tops instead of horizonta

Well, if you want your 7 string to look like poo, then go ahead and get it done with vertical stripes.

Comment

don't hold back, Travis. Tell us how you really feel...ha ha ha.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

But I hear vertical stripes are slimming. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Didn't Gibson make some burst LP's with the grain on top going the other way instead of book matching? They always looked odd to me.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

How will the vertical stripes be thinning if the guitar is held nearly horizontal when you're playing it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just kidding! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know. I think I remember some candy stripe model they did with the stripes that way, but can't remember the wood grain on anything else going that way. I was just watching the Queensryhce Live Evolution video yesterday and Kelly Gray was playing a sunburst ESP Eclipse that had some really cool grain going vertically and I thought it was neat, got me thinking of something like that with a flametop.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    How will the vertical stripes be thinning if the guitar is held nearly horizontal when you're playing it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just kidding! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Oh yeah, I didn't think of that! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X