Vote now (hot rod Strat creations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vote now (hot rod Strat creations)

Alex, backdoor this and refinish the body with Black and fill the small holes(of the mini switches) and add a 5way switch OR leave them this way and modify these 4 switches to work as kill switch,3way for 3pickups,boost and coil tap.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...306239490&rd=1

Comment

Now it looks like Xenophobe's black Jackson strathead (former Guitar Of The Month). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Pretty cool!

Refinish an SD Jackson? Sacrilege! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That does look cool though. Reminds me of Adrian Smith's Jackson Strat with a million knobs and a synth. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow">NOTP, it wasn't a true San Dimas, it was made in Ontario bro.

The serial was too high for a true "San Dimas" Strat. It was in the 1700's, the last SD was #1505.

A solid color refin isn't too expensive, and it is relatively easy to do.

Lee's gonna re-cap and re-paint one of mine soon.

It will probably be cheaper in the long run to do that vice get all the parts.

JMO though [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

When I saw the images you posted, I thought you got the idea from Adrian's White Jackson.
          So I thought the one on E-bay looks great!

By the way, don't forget to add locking nut!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Toru, I've added the locknut now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Yes, this is my all-black Adrian Smith and David Gilmour inspired Strat creation. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I just realized my 5-way megaswitch idea will be useless with EMGs. Plus, I'd have the EMG-EXG circuit in there to provide great single coil tones anyways! A regular 5-way will give me access to the regular position 2 and position 4 hum-cancelling tones on a Strat or other 5-way Strat-style with three pickups. If I do put the APCs in there, then the 5-way megaswitch will probably be installed.

Thanks for the info LPC, wasn't really looking out for an SD guitar anyways but always great to learn a little bit more about the history. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Besides, the seller in that auction is firm on not selling to non-Americans, and I don't really want the guitar right now anyways. It's something for me to think about getting sometimes in the future. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Check out this here strat:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...305469761&rd=1

Save some SERIOUS beans!

Comment

Sharkies wouldn't look bad on that guitar if the headstock was black, too...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Save some SERIOUS beans!

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a nice freaking guitar!

Comment

Mmm, I don't like the maple headstock with the ebony board/black body. The maple/maple/black combo works better, as does the black headstock/ebony/black combo.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I actually think the maple board / black sharkfins looks pretty cool. I wish the Kisake site would fix the black knobs to be black, not dark blue, hehe. That's always driven me nuts.

Comment

I have one more or less just like the one with the ebony and MOP dots made from Warmoth parts. Only difference is pearloid pickguard and no middle pu - everything else is the same. Great player and I practice with the ban with it with no complaints!
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Save some SERIOUS beans!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an awesome axe! Buy this one and start from there!

jim
                          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I agree with the majority here. The sharkies with a strat head just doesn't work. The other options are cool. Although I feel the rosewood/ebony fretboard w/o inlays looks too black when combined with the black body.

Comment

Working...
                            X