Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carvin 7 strings

[ QUOTE ]
    I heard a lot of people complaining about the Carvin pickups that come with them 'stock' but I played around with it for about 5 hours one night and I was really impressed. They're designed to get a wide range of tones and they definitely are able to.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Carvin pickups are very nice! They do make a bunch of different ones, actually. Of the three Carvins I've owned, they all came with the standard C22 pups which are their "classic" model that are kinda bright and PAF sounding. I thought it was sweet sounding but could use a little more gain. Their M22 series is supposed to have more gain and warmth, and I think the H22 series (Holdsworth) are supposed to be in between and even more warmer sounding.
    I just actually changed the C22s out in my SC90 for a DiMarzio Super Distortion and Super 2, also put in a DiMarzio Petrucci switch to get the inner coils working together in the middle position since I really never use the typical two humbuckers together in the middle anyway.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't get people's deals with not likeing thepicups, I have a DC 125 and 127 and they both rule in every respect. Good snag on the 7 man, can't wait for a review!

Can you imagine Marty Friedman with a Carvin 7? Hot!
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Congrats! That's a hell of a lot of guitar for $500! 7-string neck-through, ebony board with nice inlays, H-H with splitting option, etc. Nice score.
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
        X