Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a new EBMM.....

Morse Blueburst

Its the Morse on top of the page that is listed as still being for sale (G12006).

What a fabulous guitar!!!!! I bought it to have something versatile at church. I am blown away at the quality of this guitar. The action is Wolfgang low and the fit and finish are excellent. I can't wait to plug her in.

BTW, the blueburst is gorgeous in person. I was kind of unimpressed with the pics of the Morse, but it is a completely different guitar in person. The ONLY thing I would change cosmetically, is the color of the pickguard and pickups.

Detailed pics and review to follow........

Re: Just got a new EBMM.....

Nice! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I've always wanted one of those. Jimmy B. has one and says they're awesome, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes I do, and yes they are.

Fritz, mine has been my number one guitar since I purchased it new in 1991. I compare every guitar I play to my Morse and nothing has ever come close. Enjoy it and congrats!
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Re: Pics Posted

Comment

Re: Pics Posted

SWEEETTTT!
          Matching headstock color and nice Birds on neck!

I used to have one and loved it!
          Also Steve Morse pickups are great too.

Comment

I just got done playing thru my Avenger and it is everything that it is billed to be. The bridge pickup is medium output and the neck HB is very bassy and warm. The std single sounds a little heavier than a strat and the slanted single is definitely Tele city. That is exactly the type of variety I need at church.

I still cannot get over how well the thing plays. My guess is that this is the factory setup because the strings are definitely in need of changing. That's 2 guitars I have received from WWG.com that have had old strings on them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

How is the switching? Is it pretty straightforward once you get used to it?

Comment

sweeeeet. I've always liked those. Haven't had a chance to play one yet.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Wow, that's gorgeous!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Is it a trans finish? Looks a little like it from the pics, but I know the body is made of poplar and they typically don't get trans finishes.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is really nice Fritz.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      How is the switching? Is it pretty straightforward once you get used to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The switching is no problem for me, because I typically do not blend pickups.

So, the 2 position toggle switch at the top stays in the off position. The 3-way blade controls the bridge hb, the neck hb and the lower single coil. The 3 position switch at the bottom is either in the off position or at the slanted single position.

I didn't have any problem with banging my picking hand into the top switch either. I was concerned about that from looking at the pics. However, I am not doing any windmilling at church. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of pickups and switches. Of course, Morse uses a lot of different tones, so that's easy to understand. Nice score.

Comment

Nice guitar! I looked at the white Petrucci WWG has on that page but I don't really dig the white on that guitar. Fortunately, I found an Egyptian Smoke (gray) Petrucci yesterday and snagged it. Congrats on the Morse.

Comment

Nice axe. MM makes some great products.
                            I've been meaning to add an Axis to my fold for a while now.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I found an Egyptian Smoke (gray) Petrucci yesterday and snagged it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is, by far, my favorite EBMM color.

Comment

Working...
                              X