Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Les Paul Custom Gold Top Showcase Edition arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul Custom Gold Top Showcase Edition arrives!

Nothing I like better than a seller who ships quick!

Sorry about the crappy pics, but just snapped a few quick. What a guitar! It's funny, it's awesome, in way that isn't like a typical LPC is. It's like completly different guitar. The thinner body was a little wierd at first, but once you get used to it, It's real comfortable. Maybe a tad bit neck heavy, but I think I'm just used to all the weight being in the body. Sounds great (of course with EMG's I knew it would). I'm tempted to put in some Duncans to see how it compares to the tone of a full bodied Les Paul. It's a one piece, solid mahagany with a maple cap and mahogany neck. Plays like a dream. Typical LPC fretless feel with a 50's neck profile. This is everything I thought it would be and I still have my Chlorine! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I only have one issue with the guitar. Check out the pic of the back of the headstock. The tuners were installed unevenly! I've seen this before and it blows me away that such a great instrument had it's tuners installed uneven. I plan on adding a set of Grover locking tuners so I will plug and redrill the holes to make it right as long they are not too far off so that you'll see the filled hole.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: Les Paul Custom Gold Top Showcase Edition arrives!

Black hardware on the gold body looks awesome, totally opposite from gold hardware on a black body which also looks stunning.

Pity there's no binding on the back of the body of these Les Paul Custom Lites, but still looks great. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That is a beatiful LP! What's the weight? Despite the thin body, the one's I've checked out still had some heft. Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Jim....

Fuggin awesome bro! I miss my LPCL black beauty!

One day I will restore my collection to what it was...I just gotta keep telling myself that until I actually believe it.

Comment

Jim
          That is real classy [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] . There's a lot of LP Lites about lately [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          Health to enjoy .

Mark
          Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Looks like the tuners are uniformly uneven, though. Must have been a Friday guitar!

Sweet either way. Very cool and not something you see everyday. Now route it for a Khaler!
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

I was just gonna say, nice guitar, but you would think they could get the tuners straight. My cheap ass Aria Pro IIs have the tuners straight. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Looks great Jim. Good luck with it. I would change out the EMG's to Duncans or 57 Classics, but that's just me.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Looks great!! The back binding would have been a nice touch though.

Comment

tits! one of the nicest lp's I have ever seen.

Comment

Niiiiiiiiiiice!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] That binding in the front is pretty thick so I think if it was on the back as well it would be a lil' much due to the thickness of the guitar itself. I'm not a big fan of Goldtops but this one is awesome. Maybe it's the black hardware and EMGs that's doin' it for me.
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Glad you were able to keep both. I do not think that the choice was fair by any means. I like both (talk about a King Solomon problem!). Looking at the specs, I am starting to get jealous as the LP looks more compfy to play (but mine has a kahler!).
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

That looks nice Jim. Be very careful if you change the pickups. I would think that this particular Les Paul is very dependent on pickup selection. I bet a nice set of Tony Iommi's would sound killer in it. I think that they are black too. Especially considering that they were designed to work best with a thin mohagony bodied guitar.

Comment

Re: Les Paul Custom Gold Top Showcase Edition arri

That is mindblowing! I love that thing!
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Re: Les Paul Custom Gold Top Showcase Edition arri

That is very nice [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] You are not helping my GAS though [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
                              Mike
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                              X