Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Les Paul Custom Gold Top Showcase Edition arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Les Paul Custom Gold Top Showcase Edition arri

Thanks for all the compliments! This is one of the best feeling guitars I have ever owned. If this had the high fret access that Jacksons have, I'd say it was perfect.

[ QUOTE ]
    Pity there's no binding on the back of the body of these Les Paul Custom Lites

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing before I owned one, but since it has the belly cut, I can't imagine how they would do that. It's a nice combo though the top is like a custom, the back and sides like a standard.

[ QUOTE ]
    What's the weight?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not accurate, but it's around 9lbs maybe a litte under. It's heavier than my Chlorine, but not as heavy as the AT-1.

[ QUOTE ]
    Be very careful if you change the pickups. I would think that this particular Les Paul is very dependent on pickup selection. I bet a nice set of Tony Iommi's would sound killer in it. I think that they are black too. Especially considering that they were designed to work best with a thin mohagony bodied guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd only like to try passives to see how it would compare to a standard thickness LPC. I imagine it might be a little brighter. I think this guitar will be a perfect candidate for an 18v setup. I think I'll put in a push/pull pot to switch between 9v and 18v. I would do that just to hear the side by side defference.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

That is sweet!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Looks a little weird being not as thick as a regular LP, but still killer. I also prefer LPs to have binding only on the front. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Did you buy that at rumbleseat music?
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

those are GREAT guitars, i love the LP Custom Lites...you can dance with one of those ALL NIGHT LONG.

i hate heavy guitars...or else i'd still be playing hossman's HRF beck guitar :-)

Comment

How did those tuners get passed qualitycontrol, though?! This seems to a developing trend in the Gibsoncamp...
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Congrats Jim!

Now I hope you don't continue to buy more Gibson like the White one you have been looking for.
              That will ends up you selling more Jackson... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Congrats again and enjoy the guitar!

Comment

Ha ha! No worries Toru. This was the cure for my LP GAS. I kinda thought I would be bothered by the thinner body on this but I'm not at all. It's pretty comfortable.

I'm actually looking at a possible trade for jgcables 95 Chravel reissue. I don't what it is about that guitar, but it's calling me. So that would make 3 Jacksons(after I get my custom shop next year), 1 Gibson and 1 Charvel. That'll be it for a long while unless some cool trade deal comes along or a certain colored dragon or Joe's 89 King V that I ordered new in 88 comes up for sale [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Did you buy that at rumbleseat music?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was through eBay. The guy was in New Jersey/

Comment

Sam, you now own my dream Les Paul...congrats, you dog!
                    I'll trade you ALL my gear for it... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      This seems to a developing trend in the Gibsoncamp...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... except that guitar is 15 years old. So much for "developing."
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Beautiful guitar [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats an awesome looking guitar!

Ive always wanted a gold top with black hardware.

Comment

Hey! Nice Lp! You boughht it from Renz, didn't you? [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats, Jim! That looks great, and that's coming from someone who can't stand gold top guitars. Like mhalsey said, maybe it's the contrast of the black hardware/pups.
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Sweet, I'm not a big Les Paul fan, but this one I like
                                congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                                X