any TYLER fans out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any TYLER fans out there?

jest wonderin'....i've owned a couple of really nice tylers in the last few years (psych vomit studio elite, and a shorewood greem metallic classic), and to me, they felt better and sounded better than nearly any other bolt on "superstrat" i had ever played....barring the early san dimas strathead charvels. and (blasphemy) i still kinda think the tylers are better guitars...especially if you're gonna spend $3K on a bolt on superstrat. the tylers just feel and sound amazing, better than the andersons, suhrs, grosh, etc....i figure there's gotta be some TYLER fans out there in JCF land. not meaning to be inflammatory here....these are just my observations as a working player.

Re: any TYLER fans out there?

This is the General Jackson/Charvel Talk part of the forum. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

which is a general sort of question...how do some of the member think the jackson/charvel guitars fare compared to the tylers? if this is off topic, well please forgive me and delete/move/86 the thread. i did say i wasn't trying to inflame anyone...

Comment

Try this...

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...=0&Board=UBB16

No harm, no foul [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I had several including a custom order Studio Elite I personally went to Jim's place and ordered with him.
          Didn't like em all.
          I prefer Suhr guitars all the way.
          John is the man.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

They are really nice guitars. I like them bett than the suhrs and Andersons Ive played but I still probably wouldnt dish out the 2500 to get one.

Comment

Wow, seems to be a lot of Suhr fans here. I have a Standard with basswood/quilt, 1pc birdseye neck/fretboard, HSS and a Floyd.

Anyone else own a Suhr?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I had several including a custom order Studio Elite I personally went to Jim's place and ordered with him.
                Didn't like em all.
                I prefer Suhr guitars all the way.
                John is the man.
                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

john is a great builder...i have owned some of his fender custom shop materbuilt strats before he left FMIC...they were amazing.

i still get wood for the tylers, though. it's the onyl guitar that has stacked up and held it's own against the holy grail strathead SD charvels for me...and that's really kinda what the point of this thread was, in my twisted mind. but then again, you are paying as much for a new tyler as you are for a vintage strathead...well, almost as much :-)

Comment

Working...
                X