Parker Guitars, your experiences with the High end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parker Guitars, your experiences with the High

I've played the high-end Parkers in stores before. I found them comfortable, but incredibly thin sounding. Not my cup-'o-tea. I would take an SL2H over a Parker anyday.

Comment

The frets on the Parkers I've played have been very good.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have a Nitefly SA, It is a HSS config with a pick guard. I bought it used and had to do some trus rod adjustment. I replaced the Dimarzio with a Duncan Custom Custom and this guitar rocks now. I play though a Boogie Mark IV. And it also kicks though my JCM800. It is my main guitar now. I don't have any problem with the trem. It stays in tune. I have read that it is hard to replace the pups on the Parkers that don't have the pickguard. I had to cut the pup adjustment screws on mine.

Comment

I used to play in a band with a guitarist who used one exclusively. He loved it. I believe it was the high-end USA model. It had a DiMarzio pup in the bridge with piezo ... he used to run it direct and through an amp for a weird acoustic/electric vibe. I played it a few times. Neck was real wide, but it was very nice. The guitar was extremely light. The trem was floating but could be locked down. I liked that you could adjust the spring tension with a knob on the guitar (that could be accessed by the front or back). I liked the way the guitar played and felt, but I don't like how Parkers look. No doubt innovative, but I'd pass.
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

The replacement pickups are not hard to change. The one for the high end guitars are special made, they have two pole pieces the double as the pick up mounting screws.

Comment

I had a nitefly, have played the version with the two humbuckers and one piece neck/body (classic?) - they were both neat guitars. I could put em out of tune pretty easy with the trem though, and the piezos sounded like crap. I had a Hamer USA Duotone that had a MUCH better piezo/acoustic tone.

As far as the neck being low maintenance... I'd get another steinberger before I'd get another parker, but that's just me. I'm digging mine more and more.

Pete

Comment

try to get a hold of a FLY CLASSIC one of the best playing guitars I've played.I had to talk myself out of pulling out the old credit card.I played the whole line of Parker's about 4 years and the Fly Classic really shined but I was worried I would some how break it
                www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention ... my bandmate broke a string on his Parker about once a gig. I don't know what was up with that ... I though maybe there was something wrong with the bridge, but he said there wasn't. Maybe he was just playing too hard. In the time I gigged with them, I never broke a string on my import Jacksons, but he managed to pop one about once a gig and was forced to play his backup the rest of the show.
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I have a Parker fly deluxe and have to say its realy good.
                    I think there set up to play 9's and when i changed to 10's the trem unit wouldnt return to pitch no matter what i did with the tension wheel.To solve this i would have to change the tension spring(it isnt a spring..lol)to one designed to play with 10's(parkers come with 2 tension (bars)set for 9's or 10's)
                    Anyway i changed the strings to 9's as thats what Ken designed it to played with and the trem unit is perfect with no problems returning to pitch
                    it is a very resonate guitar and screams easily when overdriven-very easy to play-and has every tone at your finger tips
                    Its one of my main guitars-has its own sound that can only be found with deluxes

here is a clip of it being played by a friend of mine Jay Parmer(check his website out for lynchy playings)when he was over at my pad with the boys for a Guitarwar meetup last year in the UK.
                    http://www.justinjohnwakely.com/cont...UK_-_Beast.wmv

Comment

Nice lookin guitar and looks like your friend knows his way around it pretty good.

I really wanna go play one, but last I checked, there are none within a 20 hour radius [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Damm thats a shame mate,there great fun to play-mind you my SL1 is a joy to play to-every high end guitar by good makers are joys to play..lol.they all have the strong points and weak points
                        the parker has badly placed tone controls-they get in the way of the switches-i tend to roll off treb rather than switch to neck pup-you kind of work around it
                        Like BC Rich mini toggle switches!!!!!pain in the arse mate
                        My lynch wicked sensation gtr has his piss poor pull switch to toggle the pickups!!you just work with it
                        I think the traditional fender and jackson switches work best
                        Yeahh Jay is fucking great mate,realy good guitarist

Comment

I looked on their site to see what was up with the trem. The Niteflys use 3 regular trem springs and the Flys use the flat spring. My Nitefly stays in tune all night long even if I whammy the crap out of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X