No announcement yet.

New Ibanez Zero Resistance tremolos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ibanez Zero Resistance tremolos...

since another person has shown interst in these tremolos, I'm bumping this topic...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Couple of things...

1) Steinberger used ball bearings in the transtrems, not sure about their 'R' and 'S' trems. It's a great idea for the most part...

2) EXCEPT they wear out quickly, since the ball bearing is only used in an arc. Estimates are around 1-2 years in the transtrem, then they don't return to zero correctly and need to be replaced.

3) For the TransTrems, the Steinberger folk have specified a replacement sealed ball bearing that should last much much longer - from what I've heard, the guys that have replaced them haven't had to do it twice. These parts aren't that expensive either, which is a real head scratcher as to why Ibanez isn't using sealed bearings.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call on the Steinberger; a lot of his great innovations go unnoticed.

The S-Trem is also ball bearing as it is the same as a Trans Trem with out the transposing feature. The R-Trem is knife edge, but still has a nice locking feature and the great gearless tuners.

Don't mean to hijack but this site has a ton of great Steinberger info.

Comment

This trem seems like a good idea. Anybody know how it performs compared to an OFR? Does it fit in the same rout for the OFR? I've got a guitar that could use a new trem and this thing seems interesting to me.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
        X