Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convinced the is an 'original' J Frog 'Mom'

Skull & Bones

I wrote this seller and told him that this 2003 model 'J. Frog Skull & Bones' is without a doubt an Ed Roman knock off. Ed's Skull & Bones even come with the certificate of authenticity here: Ed 'The kook' Roman's Frog

Then the guy got all upset and defensive when I told him that the price for a new one at Ed's shop is just a few hundred more than what he was asking here: PRICE

When I questioned him on his $110.00 shipping fee via UPS from Cali and his extra fee for optional 'insurance' he flew the coupe. Just read all the grammatical errors in his listing and you can throw a big red flag on this one. This guy's a real nutcase [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Re: Convinced the is an \'original\' J Frog \'Mom\'

"Total of 2 hours playtime"

but

"Unopened retail box"

Miraculous! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I know NewC....amazing isn't it? I pointed that out to him and I think he response was "F you." LOL

Comment

Probably best to steer clear of that one. lol

Id kill to have an authentic one. Probably the most rockin guitar ever built.

Comment

i thought ed roman owned j. frog.
          www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Uh oh... saying the magic words "Ed Roman" can invoke massive amounts of Ed bashing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Not that it isn't warranted. I wouldn't consider the ER J. Frogs to be authentic.

Comment

http://edroman.aleclee.com/main.html
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You know, Ed Roman sells off the stuff he really doesn't like (or was it the stuff that doesn't meet his stringent quality standards?) on eBay. Says so in one (or more) of his rants (I admit, I got paid one day just to read all of Ed's rants).

Perhaps the seller is really Ed and now you've cheesed him off to the point where he'll have to do a rant on 'all you Internet Paranoid people' making it so he can't turn a profit on fleaBay.

Actually, I'd like to see something like that. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Ed Roman is a good guitar dealer ..... FOR ME TO POOP ON !

Comment

That was wrong. But, it made me laugh.

There was a huge thing some time ago on, IIRC, the Ibanez board where people were tweaking Ed and he was replying. Anyone here remember that?

Comment

It's a shame the guy is such a clown, or is that leprechaun? With his knowledge about the guitar industry and his enormous collection of guitars he could have a well respected business. Even if he just hired some employees to take care of the customer service side with out used car salesmen tactics he would be in better shape. His custom shop also seems to have the ability to do great things if they didn't try and pass off fakes and used parts and as new. It's amazing he is still in business and growing.

Comment

I've never dealt with him, nor do I have first hand knowledge of his operation. But, like I said, I've read all of his rants, which I think gives an idea of his mindset and approach to business. And it's not my gig.

The thing is, you're right...his 'house brand' guitars look like they're made out of some decent boards and maybe even have some decent detailing. If he would just have one brand and market the hell out of it, he'd probably make a killing. But it's almost like he's trying to make his custom shop compete with everyone who sells a guitar. Which is weird.

In my opinion, and the last thing I'll say on the subject<G>, he's taken the whole 'don't compete on price, because nobody will buy' thing to the opposite extreme. He talks about how PRS charges way too much money, then offers his own brands for as much or even more. I think it's silliness. But, hey, if he can make it work...more power to him.

Comment

Working...
                        X