Pre-Historic Goldtop back home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Historic Goldtop back home!

I did a trade with none other than Hank Williams Jr. for this guitar back in 1994. I kept it for a few years, but foolishly decided I didn't care for the dark back finish {what did I know?}, and ended up selling it out of state. A few years later it made its way to Brockton music, about 35 mi. South of me. My buddy Chip bought it from them but sold it a few months later to a friend of his, who soon traded it back to him, and ultimately he ended up selling it to a local comic book/guitar shop where it sat for the last 2 years. I popped in there Sat. afternoon as I got tipped there was a cool Charvel there {red model 6 with a B&W checkerboard top, I passed at the $1,000.00 price tag}. As I was leaving, I took a look around and spotted a Les Paul in the corner of the store. I proceeded to pick it up, and couldn't believe I was holding the same guitar I had sold all those years ago. I never knew my buddy Chip had it {twice} or that it was sitting here 2 mi. from my house for two years. Needless to say, I brought it home and it's here to stay. GREAT guitar! 1986 Pre-Historic "57" Reissue, dark back {now I like it!}, inked on serial #, thin binding in the cutaway, nickel parts, original Tim Shaw P.A.F.'s. This is an absolutely KILLER guitar, worn in just right, and plays like a good Les Paul should. Whew...that was a long trip!

Re: Pre-Historic Goldtop back home!

Cool story. That's a sweet guitar, glad you got it back! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Awesome, nice LP, what did it cost you to get it back? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

congrats!!!
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Awesome, nice LP, what did it cost you to get it back? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] $1,400.00 to get it back. It was tagged @ $1,850.00.

Comment

A little bit of checking adds nicely to the Goldtop vibe'. I'm trying the "top-wrap" method over the tailpiece for a bit...

Comment

KICK ASS!!!!
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That´s a great looking LP for sure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool story Doug,great to see you got it back!!Congrats!!

Comment

nice checking! i dig the top wrap too!

Comment

<font color="aqua">That's a beauty and a great story Doug! Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Now tell how you ended up with that from Hank Jr. in the first place! </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

jesus that's breaking my heart. i love pauls.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          <font color="aqua">That's a beauty and a great story Doug! Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Now tell how you ended up with that from Hank Jr. in the first place! </font>

[/ QUOTE ] Well, it'd sure be cool to say we were having a few brews, jammin' out, and he thought my playing was so good he gave me the guitar...but in all reality, it was a simple trade through a third party that knew I had a guitar Hank Jr. was looking for, a 1957 Gibson Southern Jumbo.

Comment

Checking? What exactly is that? Also, does top wrapping really help with tuning issues?

Sorry to hijack and where are my manners? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Great story! Makes 'er a lil' more special now.
                            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Beautiful guitar and a neat story too!

Comment

Working...
                              X