• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Epiphone V with Floyd @ MF

Pretty cool looking. Anyone tried one?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/518264/

Re: Cheap Epiphone V with Floyd @ MF

Epi Vs w/ hardtail bridges have trouble staying in tune, how do you think this will fare? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

looks almost as sweet as the Ran roundhorn V with floyd that the guy from Krisiun plays - only this has only 22 frets [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Krisiun Ran

More pics at their website:

http://66.34.109.129/krisiun/ingles/frameset_ing.htm

IMAGES --> European Tour Feb-Mar 2004
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: Krisiun Ran

sweet guitar altough more of a "player" than a piece of art - i just like krisiun and like roundhorn v's with gibson/dean headstock with floyd (seen nergal's dean ? that's a superb guitar)

I heard an interesting story about that Ran Moyses owns - it was a trade between him and Mauser from Vader when both bands we're touring - that's where Mauser has his ML-shaped non-ran guitar (afair it's ESP custom).

Comment

well it is nice that it is called a 1958 V as it has a time correct 58 gothic color and time correct trem [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice looking Epi. I would change the pickguard and some of the controls though. I only need a volume knob and the pickup switch.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

EBONY fingerboard? Really? I'm a bit skeptical as to the accuracy of that statement.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Every goth I ever played had a rosewood board. I don't think there is even an ebony board guitar in the Epi line. Even the Epi LP Custom has rosewood. If it is ebony, it is definately factor second ebony, like on the LP Studios.

Comment

I have played a few epi goth´s, and let me say like this:
                    The rosewood on my rhoads (jrr94) was much darker and nicer than the "ebony" on the epis.
                    I think it´s most likley rosewood, how the hell can they be allowed to lie about stuff like this?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I think it´s most likley rosewood, how the hell can they be allowed to lie about stuff like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Most of the sales people at MF are just retards when it comes to specs on certain guitars. Zoom in on the pic... looks like rosewood to me.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Epi Vs w/ hardtail bridges have trouble staying in tune, how do you think this will fare? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Depends on whether the tuning problems are due to a crappy neck or crappy tuners.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My epi LP standard doesnt have problem staying in tune. I wouldnt however, buy another epi.. ever... again. But thats because I realised I'm not a big fan of Gibson-style guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            My epi LP standard doesnt have problem staying in tune. I wouldnt however, buy another epi.. ever... again. But thats because I realised I'm not a big fan of Gibson-style guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
                            Even though mine is a sg.
                            Thinking about selling it actually...

Comment

Working...
                            X