Info on this pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on this pickup?

Ok, I got this in a Fender MusicMaster bass yeeeeeears ago. It was the only pickup. It did have a plastic cover on it (solid, no holes) but can't lay me hands on it just yet.

When I traded a buncha parts -n- stuff to a local shop for my Explorer a few years ago, I think the pickguard was among that.
    Anyhoo, the guy seemed more interested in the pickup than the 5 lbs of screws and nuts and washers and such [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but I didn't know where it had gotten off to at the time.

Anyhoo, it's got what looks like an ink stamp on the bottom that says 6018 (last number's really faint), 2 leads - one white and one kinda purple. Alnico poles. Reads 5.68k

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Info on this pickup?

Those are junk. Give it to me, I'll send you a couple bucks for postage. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, Jim Shine can probably confirm for sure but I believe you have a standard Strat pickup there.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

How bout I just put it in the trash can out front? Garbage man runs by your house, too, so you can dig it out of the truck - no biggie [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's got a really brittle biting clean tone, from what I remember of it being in a guitar. Like an electric icepick [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Vintage Fender part? Gold, on eBay! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X