Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got my eyes on one of these right now what do ya .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my eyes on one of these right now what do ya .

LTD MH-250NT what do ya guys think anyone tryed one ? whats the action like ? and the neck pitch ? can you get it pretty low [action] ? //Steve http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mh.htm there is another pic of the body up top on the header .

Re: got my eyes on one of these right now what do ya .

go with the MH-400, the 250 has that cheapo agathis body, at least get the one with a better tonewood...and the 400's have mahogany with maple tops...

Comment

Re: got my eyes on one of these right now what do ya .

the 250 does have a maple top . and the athigis or what ever it's called sounds fine I have it in my m200fm also have a real maple top not as thick as a usa maple top but 1/2 as thick for sure , not a veneer like jackson puts on their imports . but I do think I like the h3's a bit better than the h4's . //Steve

Comment

Re: got my eyes on one of these right now what do

They're using agathis? That's pine. I can't imagine pine being a good tone wood. But, I've not heard an agathis bodied guitar. At least not that I'm aware of. Interesting.

I don't like the Gretsch-style fret markers, but other than that, it looks nice. What does an Earvana nut do for you?

Comment

The Earvana nut is great. I have a Gibson USA Studio Lite that would not intonate correctly. I bought/installed the earvana nut and ta-da, perfect intonation. Read more here:
          Earvana webpage

Comment

Thanks for the link. A compensated nut...huh. I like that you don't have to mod the neck to use it, but...those screws give it an unfinished look though. And what about a locking version? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

What sort of wood is it?

Agathis species are often called 'kauri'/'kaori' or 'dammar'/'damar' (from Polynesian and Malay words respectively), and the timber is sometimes referred to as "commercial grade mahogany

Comment

http://www.agathis.info/

Comment

I'd go for the 400 man, a friend from another band has one, it's gorgeous and the sound is damn cool through his 5150. The necks are really nice too.
                  93 USA Soloist EDS
                  USA HT6 Juggernaut
                  Charvel DK24FR

Comment

the 400 is completely out of my price range right now , and I am not really to crazy about the 81's the hz's sound abit cleaner and I like a real clear sounding tone , the 81's are a bit too dirty through my riggs . //Steve

Comment

Sounds like you have your mind made up already, but still if you can swing it I'd go with the MH400, just for the wood if anything. You can always swap the EMG's out. But it sounds like your mind is already made up!

Comment

not really sure yet but thanks ! I might go for something in a floyd , I never use it [the floyd] but I love blocking it for super low action and how my hand sits real close to the body , the tune o matic bridge gives my picking a hard time compared to something with a floyd . I just tryed a washburn today real similar to the ltd I mentioned above and for slower chunky stuff it was fine but it fucked me up [tune o matic] on the faster stuff ? my agile explorer doesn't do this I think cause of the shape and where I put my arm on it but on a strat style guitar I don't think I like the tune o matic bridge at all [and I've tryed a few] //Steve

Comment

... this is the washburn we got in today I tryed out http://www.washburn.com/electrics/x/x50pro.htm //Steve

Comment

Speaking of the wood thing, I heard somewhere that Agathis and Alder were the same thing. Is that true?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Speaking of the wood thing, I heard somewhere that Agathis and Alder were the same thing. Is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]
                              No

Comment

Working...
                              X