PRS GUITAR TUNERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS GUITAR TUNERS

Are the PRS tuners manufactured by PRS, or are they someone else's with PRS' name on them? Does anyone know a direct retrofit for the wing and collar locking tuner? Mine are functional, but they annoy me. Someone said the Phase 2 tuners would be a direct retrofit.

I would have posted this in the tech section, but I wasn't sure, since it's a PRS which means it's a guitar by another manufactuer.

Thanks

Re: PRS GUITAR TUNERS

I just bought a Modern Eagle, and in the documentation that came with it, there is a "notice" stating. "This instrument is equipped with out Phase II PRS/Schaller locking tuner pegs, only available on PRS guitars." then gives some instructions, then states if you have any question contact customer service.

[email protected]

Sorry that is all I know, have no idea if they use the same keyhole dimensions as standard Schaller tuner.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

i have to agree with how annoying the wing tunes are.
      i don;t think there are any direct replacements for those tuners, try asking on thegearpage.net which is the old prs forum.
      i personally like the Schaller M6LA tuners that are on the musicman guitars.

Comment

This is the email that I got from PRS, incase anyone else here cares.

"The PRS tuners are made for us by Schaller, but they are not available anywhere else. They truly are unique to PRS.

The Phase II Tuners came on the scene around 2002, they took the place of the wing collar style tuners."

They also told me this,

"If your guitar is a ’99 or newer you can retro fit the Phase II tuners without any problems. An older model will require drilling new screw holes on the back of the headstock."

What I was getting at really was, I could probably order a set of tuners cheaper than it would cost me to order a set of PRS tuners through my local PRS dealer, and I was wondering what they were, so I could order them.

No worry, what's ten-twenty bucks when you actually have it. If I didn't, then I'd be freakin'.

Comment

Put some Klusons on it.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Put some Klusons on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The take a picture of it and send it to ugly.com [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Phase II tuners come up every so often on ebay if your willing to wait.
              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
              X