Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Les Paul -Tele- Strat pictures..Let's see them....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Les Paul -Tele- Strat pictures..Let\'s see them

Newc... great story bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

To Shawn and Trace regarding your relics... during the aging process, do they do anything to the frets and other metal parts (saddles and tuners)? I can understand them taking off the clearcoat and finish from the body and neck, but if there's tarnish or rust on the moving metal parts and frets, would that not affect tuning stability and playability?

Comment

They don't do anything with the frets but the metal parts are aged/rusted...a little depending on how much relic you specify. For me, I wanted a beat to sh!t (HEAVY relic) and that is what I got. So yes I had to work hard freeing up a few of the screws because of the rust..lol.

I have a Strat being beat to death as we speak...lol. The Fender Relics and Murphy (Gibson) stuff is lightly relic'd and the parts are not corroded or rusted.

I always loved the relic look (way before SRV and before Fender Custom shop amde it popular) and have screwed up a few guitars trying to relic tehm...trust me leave it to the pros.
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I can't seem to post pics anymore so I will just throw my music room link up here.
        There is a 57' RI Goldie and an 03' American Strat. Dlx. for ya.
        http://homepage.mac.com/adamsloan/PhotoAlbum6.html

Comment

Re: Les Paul -Tele- Strat pictures..Let\'s see them....

[ QUOTE ]
          Here's my standard premium plus.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmmmm......that's one I would've bought back had I known it was moving back East [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I really liked that guitar, it made me a believer in the Les Paul / Marshall combination.

Have fun with her [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

It's a killer guitar Steve. I put a few personal touches on her. She's my main axe at the moment. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Compared it with my friends holy grail historic that's 4 times as much and mine blew it away in playability and sound. He was not happy, but I certainly was. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Steve, were you the original owner before Jason?

-Jason

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              It's a killer guitar Steve. I put a few personal touches on her. She's my main axe at the moment. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Compared it with my friends holy grail historic that's 4 times as much and mine blew it away in playability and sound. He was not happy, but I certainly was. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Steve, were you the original owner before Jason?

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason -

Yeah, I sold that one to Oregon Jason so I could grab a sweet Historic 60 Reissue that came my way, which went down the road to fund a magic Anderson Cobra - just an insane guitar....

Here it is when I first got it:

This is the R6 it became:

And here's the Gold Top Anderson Cobra that one turned into (next to a magic Hollow Drop Top that turned into a Volvo 850 wagon [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

FWIW - the switch tip on your LP came off of a Murphy Aged R9.....bwahahahahahahaha - and no, I didn't pilfer it.

For good measure - here's a shot at my buddy Jasons house awhile back (Toru knows Jason....) Anyway - the striped thingy has a real deal ancient Charvel neck on it, brass side markers, the whole thing....the Bengal soloist is cool too....

And last - a group shot of my own, although there's a couple that have gone and been replaced...

Later ~
              Steve E

Comment

I love the one 3rd from the left in the pic below! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] You definitely turned the paul into some equally nice guitars. Man seeing all those Bogner cabs and amps made me tear up. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Had to sell my XTC last year. Hopefully another one with be bought soon. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Again, killer gear!!

-Jason

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Man seeing all those Bogner cabs and amps made me tear up. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Had to sell my XTC last year. Hopefully another one with be bought soon. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  -Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

That flame top is a GMW thats no longer in my possession.....bad move there....

FWIW - I just sold my Bogner XTC, my Metropolis, AND my Aiken Sabre....I'm totally ampless for the first time in 25 years....Aaaarrrggghhhhhhhh. At least the money was tied up in gear and not up my nose or something.

Steve E

Steve E

Comment

standard, chandler, and anderson.

Comment

'81 LP Custom with aftermarket "4 post" kalher - Sperzels, EMGs:

This one solved my all my LP wants!
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

standard, chandler, and anderson.

[/ QUOTE ]

That SG is awesome [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

notp, that strat utlra is nice.
                          guano-WOW.
                          gtrbuyer, that fretboard looks awesome.

Just sold this one, but here it is

Here is my other baby. I won't get rid of her for anything. She's just too good to me.

It's like a Strat/Les Paul, it's a PRS!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            notp, that strat utlra is nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man, but I don't own a Strat Ultra! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But damn, your PRS is friggin' amazing. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Nice photos too, I forgot you were one of the ones with good photos on the JCF. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry notp, it was yet another one [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thanks for the comments on the pics [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

guess I should say what the guitars are.

green is a 98 Strat Deluxe Ash.
                                black is a very modified USA Standard 95 strat. (just electronically, so I guess it's not that heavy)
                                PRS is a 2001 CE 24.

Comment

Working...
                                X