GMW guitar pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW guitar pics

Since I live in Minnesota and was lucky enough to get 26 inches of snow Friday, I thought I would take a pic of the GMW's and get everyone else to put theirs up too. Bring it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: GMW guitar pics

Cool, Damn I like them all, how do you pick which one to play? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Very Nice!! I just love custom painted guitars [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, I'm in. This ought to be a great thread. Here are my two. I have a third on the way, and will post pics when it arrives.

-Mark

Comment

Everything in this thread is gorgeous, even the snow-covered lawn chairs.

That Lynch Bengal with matching headstock...Wow.

Comment

Ahhh, Montes old bullseye, you barely beat me to the punch on that one, Love both of them, and those 1 3/4 nuts rule! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Comment

These are way too cool!
                I will have to look for the picture of my Blue Dinky..

Comment

Dan, the color of the 1st GMW always drives me nuts. Guaranteed GAS attack every time [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Comment

This has been my #1 for about 4-5years.
                    I want to order another Dinky with a new headstock and without a Floyd soon.

Comment

And my wife says guitars are not works of art.
                      Very beautiful collection guys. Marcus that Bengal is SICK !!
                      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

dinkyjacksonman, how would you rate the GMW vs. the Suhr? I have a Suhr and always wonder if I would have been happier if I got a GMW and saved $1000+. It actually came down to GMW and Suhr before I placed my order with Suhr. I went with Suhr because I felt he was more willing and confident about making me a custom neck carve and he had the SS fret option. Another issue is that I don't have anyway of playing a GMW unless I buy one and I don't know what the standard "San Dimas Charvel" neck shape feels like. Although I like the Suhr, I don't love it. I have considered selling it and getting a GMW. Something tells me I may regret it...

Comment

I like both.
                          I ended up selling all my Suhrs(I had like 5-6) because I just couldn't afford to keep them.
                          With 1 Suhr guitar, You can probably get 2 GMW guitars and in my opinion, the options Suhr offers are so limited.
                          They are nice and play fantastic but I just don't see myself spedning that much money for a guitar anymore while Lee can build me exactly what I want for MUCH less.

About neck, Both Suhr and GMW have great feel.
                          C slim of Suhr is like old Charvel and was my favorite.
                          GMW necks are killer. My Dinky, I play it everyday since I got it and the neck is still straight and no need of adjustment.

The bottomline is, I am happier to have GMW than Suhr because of many reasons/options Lee offers and cool part of dealing with GMW is that you get to talk with Lee and he will build your guitar the way you want for a very reasonable price while when you order a Suhr guitar, You still get to talk with John but most of the time, you are dealing with a dealer and less options.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It's nice to hear from someone who has both. And, 5-6 Suhrs!!!!!!!

Another issue is getting hosed on resale. I paid $2700 for the Suhr and I'm afraid I would only get $2000 at best on eBay. I guess I could always put a reserve on it and keep it if it doesn't sell for e decent price.
                            How did you make out when selling the Suhr's?

Comment

I'm too lazy to find a camera at the moment, but here are mine:

I have one more in the works right now that will be ready in a month or so. Oh yes and the star now has an APC pickup in it!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X