bc rich serial #'s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bc rich serial #'s?

I have an old bc rich nj warlock.trying to identify the year on it.Anyone know where I can find the info?

Re: bc rich serial #\'s?

Try asking on this site, Moser Forum. They have a thread about serial numbers and it sounds like it's difficult to get an accurate date. If the guitar is a bolt on it is even worse.

Good luck

Comment

If you posted a picture , someone could give you an approximate date.

Comment

By the way DeathMetalSycho, congrats on the 100th post. You can now view the classifieds [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img].

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          By the way DeathMetalSycho, congrats on the 100th post. You can now view the classifieds [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuck yeah!,I have a gun metal grey Y2K that I've been waiting to post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] your almost there! hehe

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            If you posted a picture , someone could give you an approximate date.

[/ QUOTE ]

will post tomorow night after work...guitar is at studio....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Try asking on this site, Moser Forum. They have a thread about serial numbers and it sounds like it's difficult to get an accurate date. If the guitar is a bolt on it is even worse.

Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Bolt yes,thanks for the link

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuck yeah!,I have a gun metal grey Y2K that I've been waiting to post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] your almost there! hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working on it... I was hoping to find a nice used GMW in these here classifieds and now I can't see them. The rule worked though; it got my sorry ass to start posting [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Comment

FWIW - it's difficult to get any accuracy even with USA bolt-ons, so I can only imagine how difficult imports will be. Good luck. Of the dozen or so USA Rich's I had, I was only able to get one verified, and it was a neck-thru custom Explorer bass - and even that was difficult. Their website is useless, so don't bother - same with their customer service. They aren't the company they once were.

Comment

It's really hard to tell with imports. You can only really narrow it down to the period that it's from really.
                    And even then...you wouldn't really need the serial to be able to tell that. Post a pic, and I'll see if I can help ya (I used to work at BC Rich...and used to own a bunch of 'em)

Comment

Warrior, I hope you dont mind if I pick your brain a bit. Here are some pics of my latest find. Just wondering if you could tell me some info on it such as approximate year, class axe or not, etc. I believe its supposed to have a gotoh floyd copy with 2 7/8 stud spacing. And I think the grovers are stock as well as the color and matching headstock.

Any info appreciated.

Comment

88/89 possibly later? it still has the early trem route, but has the second control route, & later logo. the neck/headstock transition is also another way to tell if its an early one. the early ones were much thinner & with the lock bolting thru the neck they broke real easy.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. Exactly where in the U.S. would this be made?

Comment

This is an 88 BC Rich STIII (ST3) USA. I have the *exact* same fiddle in blood red (headstock too). I have no idea where in the good ol USA it was hatched. The guitar is OK. I love the OFR really. The elecronics are flat face, but passive and sound very thin and twangy.

Comment

I didn't mention that I bought this guitar from Tony MacAlpine himself (manning the booth) at the 88 Dallas Guitar Show. Rock on biznitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X