bc rich serial #'s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bc rich serial #\'s?

Thanks Cyber. Its a bit of a pita to get info on these since the BCR board is gone. There were a couple of guys there that really knew their bcrs inside and out. You have an ofr on yours? Mine has this dreaded 2 7/8 post spacing. It will accept the ibanez edge or the original gotoh floyd copy. Ive got a lead on a trem but the posts are something else. Theyre really fat with a course thread. Maybe I'll head on over to jemsite and see if that is also the case with Ibanez posts. The singles are original but the Hum is a dimarzio SD. Should sound ok. But I'll never know until I get this trem deal straightened out. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] My kids like the color though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

a floyd will fit. if its the fat threads it was an ibanez the gotohs used different posts.

Comment

Hmm, Ive got 3 floyds here and they wont work. Theyre 2 15/16 spacing and this is 2 7/8. And these post inserts are huge. Ive got the skinny jackson import type with course threads and Ive got a set of the fat ones with the very fine threads, they just slide right in. These are huge with very course threads. Previous owner had an edge on it but took it for another guitar. So, Im thinking that theres something else out there that uses those huge posts too. Probably Ibanez, I hope.

Comment

It's kind of hard to identify the class axe bc's. Mainly because their records of production were lost in a flood.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            It's kind of hard to identify the class axe bc's. Mainly because their records of production were lost in a flood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you hear that from?!?

Anyway Carbuff...definitely Pre Class Axe, but possibly the last of the California made guitars before the Class Axe move. Most of what California was putting out right before (1988-9) was bolt-on stuff. The handmade neckthru stuff got pushed to the back burner. Class Axe did use some leftover California stuff after CA began production. The best way to tell is Class Axe was required to use a little "TM" decal in the logo over the "swoosh" over the H in RICH.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you hear that from?!?

Anyway Carbuff...definitely Pre Class Axe, but possibly the last of the California made guitars before the Class Axe move. Most of what California was putting out right before (1988-9) was bolt-on stuff. The handmade neckthru stuff got pushed to the back burner. Class Axe did use some leftover California stuff after CA began production. The best way to tell is Class Axe was required to use a little "TM" decal in the logo over the "swoosh" over the H in RICH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it was something about the trademark thing. Thanks for that info. But the neckplate does have the "TM" on it. Does that mean anything? I guess a neckplate can be switched at some point in a 15+ year old guitars life. And judging by the torn up phillips heads on the neck bolts its probably been apart plenty.

Comment

not all Class Axe guitars have the TM logo tho. heres one that doesnt. the virgin shape did NOT exist prior to class axe. with BCR boltons i usually use route shape & placement as well as hardware to guess where it was made. thats orange body is revision2. just preclass axe, but some class axe assembled guitar exist with those routes. the earlier body had recessed covers & the electronics route was up about an inch. does the headstock have a black plastic cap or painted.

Comment

Anything concerning the Virgin would be good to ask Neal.

He filled me in on a lot about the "crossover years" of BC Rich just recently. I have a helluva lot more to talk to him about in the coming months too.

Yeah...there were a few rare birds that flew from Class Axe without a "TM" over the logo, but for the most part...it was more common to see them with the "TM". Those without were most likely California leftovers (necks/bodies/plates) that CA used.

As for your ST Carbuff....the "TM" did appear on California-built guitars neckplates. There's a grey area in the crossover from Cali to Class Axe, and I'm not even sure why that "TM" would be there. I had a late Cali Mockingbird USA Bolt-on that had it also.

Comment

There is a black plastic cap that is painted orange with the logo.

Comment

Cool, thanks for that info too Warrior. Any idea what the stock humbucker in this would have been? Some sort of dimarzio or a special bc made deal?

Comment

the singles are customs dimarzios, the hum was a dimarzio double whammy, in that era (usually tho anything could have been ordered). later ones had schaller pickups.
                        does the locknut bolt thru the neck or top mount & do u have a pic of the back of the headstock.

Comment

It bolts through the neck. Back of headstock:

Comment

Haven't had a change to get pictures but did get the serial #. 21414,it also has 3 switches next to the volume.

Comment

cool beans thats also after they widened that section check out the early one

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Haven't had a change to get pictures but did get the serial #. 21414,it also has 3 switches next to the volume.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol eep on typo [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X