X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with this Fender Strat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...9/P1230027.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...9/P1230026.jpg

Can anyone give me any info on this Strat? The finish is satin and I installed a SD Hot Rails in the bridge. I would like to know the value and maybe the year of production. I had a link to Fender Serial numbers, but I have lost it. The serial number is Z2052790. Thanks in advance.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Re: Help with this Fender Strat

Looks like a Highway One. It was made in either 1992 or 1993 (year decals overlap often). You can buy them brand new for around $600 and used for around $400.

Comment

Isnt Z2 2002? I thought the Highway ones were just a couple of years ago. Maybe 92 was those california series or whatever they were. Something about a fire, and them being made half in mexico and half in USA. I forget. I think MF was blowing out the Highway ones a year or so ago for like $400. Maybe just certain colors though. Ive seen them on the bay for the $400 range.

Comment

Yeah, you are right..sorry about that. I was really thinking that, but somehow I forget we are out of the 90's. 2002-3 is the range.

There was indeed a early 90's version of the Highway one that was an experiment having guitars made inb Mexico and assembled in the USA to get a USA badge. It had a glossy finish and everything about the guitar was the same as the standard mexico models except for the USA decal.

Comment

So, was this Strat made in Mexico but assembled in the U.S.A.? The finish on mine is Satin.
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Not sure what the current status is there. I believe that fretwork is done down there and the parts like pickups and pickguard assemblies are from there, but the rest is done here (final sanding, painting, assembling, setup). No matter what, the bodies and necks begin life in Corona, just like the regular Mexico models.

Comment

Mexican parts and assembled in the USA.

-Jason

Comment

Jim, Carbuff, and Souldigger, thank you all for the info. You have been most helpful.

Comment

Working...
                X