My sweet Les Paul Classic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sweet Les Paul Classic!

I bought this LP on the Bay (same seller who sold Sambencuda his limited Gold Top)

I have had it modified, and she's back home today!

Mods: all back and neck crappy gloss black paint have been stripped off, and replaced by a cool trans black in satin finish. All hardware replaced by Schaller chrome hardware.
    EMG 81 in bridge and 60 in neck. Useless and ugly perloid tuners have also been replaced by Schaller locking.

She sounds awesome!

Re: My sweet Les Paul Classic!

Nice Les Paul!
    Very nice top too.
    Congrats!
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice congrats [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] that seller has had a couple of guitars I have been interested in.Maybe next time I will jump at one now that you guys have tested the waters [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Comment

Whoa! Thats an awesome finish. I don't think I've seen another classic in that finish.

Remember I was looking for a trans white limited colours LPC? He has one up on eBay right now. It's killin me, but I can't do it right now. He's a good seller to deal with.
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Thanks! I just have dreamt of LP for something like 20 years (I hate the lack of "ergonomics" with these).
          And when I jumped the gun (yep Spaceace, this seller is very cool and reliable! ), I decided to have it modded (I cant stand painted neck, here with that satin finish, it's really comfy for me).

Before the mods

After

(The serial number was painted in gold on the black paint, now it is stamped in the wood by the way)

Comment

That looks sweet! Very cool!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I don't really care for the green inlays they use on the Classics, but it's a cool guitar anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Satin finishes are also really cool and comfortable, love the faded/worn cherry finish on my Studio, and I also put EMGs in it, 85 in the bridge and 81 in the neck. LPs kick ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's a great finish and top. It's funny, the things that you've modded were exactly the things I didn't like about the 2000 LPC that I owned and ultimately sold. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
              X