ESP M1/ Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP M1/ Tiger

Has anyone her played one? Thoughts. Build quality,sound,Playability. Any feedback would help.Thank's

Re: ESP M1/ Tiger

Hey there Predator1,
    I used to have one and let me tell you that it's one AWESOME axe! I loved it! The only reason I got rid of mine was to ad to my EBMM Petrucci fund at the time. The neck is very comfortable and the tone was fabulous! Best I've ever heard a Scream'n Demon sound. If you can get a good price on one then I'd jump on it!

Comment

Outstanding guitar. Especially if it is one of the older ones. Quality rivals the best that Jackson has to offer. I can't explain it but the Screamin Demon sounds better in the Lynch series guitars. The only draw back for me is the 1 3/4" nut. A little big for my taste.

Comment

I have an old ESP M-1 (sans tiger). It kicks ass with extreme predjudice...even though I still suck.

Comment

If they're anything like the sunburst tiger or kamikaze go for it. They are fantastic guitars.

Comment

Get it!!! Nuff said.

Comment

Agreed, just get it. You'll love it!

Comment

Is the body made out of solid maple? I know Lynch liked heavy ass guitras. Maybe that's the reason for the killer tone.

Comment

I have one of the ESP kamakazi's and it by far the best guitar I've ever owned. If its the ESP model and not the LTD version, get it, they are jewels. Come to think of it I'm not sure if there is a LTD version.
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Is the body made out of solid maple? I know Lynch liked heavy ass guitras. Maybe that's the reason for the killer tone.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Lynch has an incredible ear for tone.
                    Meaning, he knows what combinations of wood and electronics, amps and settings work and what doesn't. Yes, its a maple body which is bright and has excellent sustain properties.
                    Throw in the "screamin demon" you have a guitar that has a killer rock/metal tone.

Harmonics...open and pinched alike, comes very easy with such a quality guitar. It was built to respond, meaning, you won't have to work the guitar to get it to respond for you like you have to with various guitars. Squeals? The ESP Lynch models do this with ease. Again, going back to craftmanship, it makes a huge difference.
                    The neck? Wider than most and may take some getting use to.
                    This is a very minor small concern because overall these guitars are throphies, truly a rarity one of a kind.
                    I've played the Kirk Hammet ESP KH2 model and it was nice but doesn't even come close to the sound/tone and playability the Lynch ESP models have.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

Hey Soap, Yes they do have an LTD version of the M1 Tiger it was only made in 1993. It has a maple body and neck, scremin demon pickup and a real OFR. It does sqeal very easily and sounds very good for what I paid. I just want something with better wood and build quality.The Lynch LTD GL 600MT is by far the best korean guitar I have ever played.I am just looking for a little better build quality you know the real deal.

Comment

I'd go with the M1 Tiger ESP model then.
                        It only has a bride pickup and the screaming demon wasn't made nor intended for cleaner softer mellow chording tones.
                        The ESP models are by far better than the LTD models.
                        I've had both(LTD and ESP)and still have as previously posted my ESP kamakazi.

Comment

LTD version only made in 1993? They make an LTD version right now (the GL 600MT model that you mention). Do you own the LTD model or just played it? Either way, if you like it I'm sure the ESP one would be even better. So go for it!!
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I used to have the cheaper LTD tiger a couple of years ago-bought it brand new from the local shop for a lot of money and it played very well.The m1 tiger has only one pickup right?
                            Thats too limited for me but at least you wouldnt have to do the push/pull on the volume pot to change pickups like on his other Guitars!Its too easy to roll off the volume when doing this and its no where near as fast as the traditional strat 5 way toggle switch.
                            I still have one of his Axes now(esp Skull n Snake-reverse head with skull inlays)and its Alder body with rosewood board are a fine compliment to the Screaming demon and the fantastic rail pickup in neck position.good guitars but to be honest my Strat with a JBjnr near the bridge produces better harmonics all over the neck.I played on one of his Serpent Designed gtrs last year when a friend stayed over and it played the same-good guitars and not heavy too

Comment

Well I just checked the ESP site and they're not making the LTD version of the M-1 Tiger for 2005. In fact the skulls and snakes is the only LTD Lynch being made now.
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X