Shecter Hellraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shecter Hellraiser

I am very interested in the new Schecter Hellraiser. I was wondering if any info was out about how much it is going to cost. I am currently in the market for a new guitar under $700, so I am hoping this is under that. I would buy a Jackson, but there aren't any under that amount of $ that have EMG's and the stuff I need.

Re: Shecter Hellraiser

well how about a DXMG or DKMG and just put in active EMG's? i haven't heard about that schecter.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I checked my local Schecter dealer for pricing on the Hellraiser C-1 yesterday, and he said quoted me $659 w/o case.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        well how about a DXMG or DKMG and just put in active EMG's? i haven't heard about that schecter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a DXMG with an EMG 81/85 combo - KILLER !

Comment

Yea as long as it´s small mods as pickups and so, it´s easy do do it yourself.
          You should be able to get a kick ass nice mij jackson with emg´s for 700$.

What are the other "stuff that you need" btw?

Comment

I see them at $649 no case on the internet.

I would guess his 'stuff I need' is mahogany body/mahogany neck, set-neck construction, tonepros tunamatic, 24 frets, and string thru body!
            info page

Looks pretty good for what you get!

Comment

I forgot the internet price links:
              link 1

link 2

Comment

Thanks everyone for the information. I would get a DKMGT and put EMG's in it, but I am already putting EMG's in my Ibanez, and I just want to buy a nice guitar with EMG's already in it.

Comment

Well, I bought a Schecter PT Blackjack, and sorry to say it's nicer than any mij Jackson I've played. My only gripe is that Jackson has a much cooler headstock and inlays [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

"Jackson has a much cooler headstock and inlays"
                    Yeah, that is 1 big reason I love Jackson. But for $650, you can't get a Jackson that compares to the Hellraiser as far as pickups, specs,...

Comment

As far as new guitars go, you are right, it is tough to touch what the Hellraiser is compared to any MIJ Jackson. A used SLSMG with EMG's could run you about $600 or $700, plus you get the pointy 3x3 headstock (which I like), neck thru (thin neck compared to most Schecters, though I can't speak for the model in question), string thru, Mahagony, and an ebony fingerboard. The mini piranha inlays are cool too, though not as cool as regular sharkfin ones.

Comment

Wow, they are nice. I am going to have to check those out bro!! Jack.

Comment

"A used SLSMG with EMG's could run you about $600 or $700, plus you get the pointy 3x3 headstock (which I like), neck thru (thin neck compared to most Schecters, though I can't speak for the model in question), string thru, Mahagony, and an ebony fingerboard. The mini piranha inlays are cool too, though not as cool as regular sharkfin ones."

That would be great if I could find one when I needed to. But I don't want to wait for one to come on ebay with real EMG's and stuff when I could just buy what I need for the same amount of $.

Comment

Doesn't the the SLSMG come with EMG-HZs IIRC? You'd be out the cost of the guitar and still have to replace the pickups

Comment

Yeah, the SLSMG does come with EMG HZ pickups. That is why I won't buy one of those before I get a Hellraiser.

Comment

Working...
                              X