My new ESP Holoflake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new ESP Holoflake

My new addition via Ebay. I've always had a fondness for some of these older ESPs and have been dying to get one. So I couldnt pass this by. Came with a new SKB "freedom" case and newly installed Floyd Rose (licensed).

Neckthru body constuction. Really thin Ibanez like neck, smaller frets which I'm not quite used too yet. EMG 81 (which is my 1st) So I finally get to try it out. Notice the Jackson style headstock. Its got a few minor dings and missing the back spring cover. But overall a decent piece. Very low action so it plays fast.

Re: My new ESP Holoflake

a few more pics

Comment

Very cool! Is that the original finish? How do you like the 81?

Congratulations [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Very sweet!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

wow.. great!
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

tits.

Comment

I'm thinking it was refinished, it looks to have a few tiny airbubbles in the paint, aswell as different logo on the headstock then others I have seen.
              I like the 81 so far it doesnt seem too hot like the Duncan Distortion I have. I still like the warmth of the JB in my SL1. ALthough that could be the overall guitar tone and not necessarily the JB.

Comment

is it neckthru? still a sharp looking guitar.

Comment

Nice axe. I was watching that auction. Nice price for a nice guitar. Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

yup its neckthru. I posted it on the ESP forum aswell and the original owner (before the seller on EBay) turned up and said it is an original M1 custom and it has been repainted a few times.

Comment

Nice! I was thinking of snagging that one for awhile, but I've already got a Mirage Custom, and this would be be very similar.

Comment

Nice! I have a new Viper in White coming from Jason soon!

Comment

Now thats pimp'n!
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

It looks great and I used to have the same model.
                            It does look like refin by looking at the headstock.
                            Usually there is M1 or custom writing next to ESP logo.
                            Also the ESP logo seems different from that era.
                            The guitar looks great though.
                            Congrats!
                            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Great Guitar!

To see one unpainted, check out my thread:
                              http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#430787

I have a new EMG 81 lined up for it, but I also have a real Bill Lawrence L500XL "Made in West Germany". Or, I could put a SuperD in there.

Please give more input on the EMG81 - Is it too limiting (being the only pickup), or is it the only thing you need? I have a DK2 with a JB, and another guitar with a Sceamin' Demon, so I'm looking for something crunchy with this guitar. Old Mettalica, or Megadeth.

I like the fact that my knob holes haven't been drilled out yet, so that I can put them out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X