Pickups for Ibanez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for Ibanez?

I own an RG270. I was wandering what Seymour Duncan pickup combinations you guys would suggest that would go well with basswood. I play heavy metal mostly, but also a lot of other types of music. I am wanting a bridge and neck humbucker.
    Thanks

Re: Pickups for Ibanez?

I put a Seymour Duncan JB in my old green RG270 many moons ago, it sounds great.

Comment

The Custom 5 is another excellent pick up for the bridge position.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

to me ibanez and dimarzio make the best combo. it's like they were made to go together. like a les paul and a marshall, or a PRS through a mark series boogie...

when i used to play ibanez i would use super distortion or PAF pro pickups.

but as far as duncans, try a custom custom. that pick up makes EVeRYTHING souund good, even plywood!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Steves Special in the bridge, Air Norton in the neck.

Comment

Just another Ibanez question on the side, how dependable are Ibanez floyd's?

Comment

custom customs are great if you like duncans

Comment

i love the original "edge" bridge. i haven't played any of the new ones. i was out of ibanez guitar by the time they switched to the lo-trs.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  how dependable are Ibanez floyd's?

[/ QUOTE ]

I too only have experience with just the original Ibanez Edge bridge, and man, whata a quality trem. It's possibly just my own observation, but I consider the Edge on par with the Original Floyd Rose. They ARE a little different though... angled baseplate, pop-in arm, slightly different dimensions, but same rock-solid ultra-smooth feel.

Comment

I recently bought an Ibanez RG 470 for a project. It's my first and probably last Ibanez [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but as I'm awaiting it's arrival in the mail, I'm wondering if it is going to be a piece.

I'm hoping since it's the higher quality Japanese one, that I won't hate it.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will look into the Custom Custom some more. What would be a good neck pickup to go with it? 59, Jazz, Full Shred? What does the Invader bridge pickup sound like?

Comment

i'd say 59 or jazz. to me your other choices are pretty hot bridge pickups and they might not be very balanced in the neck position. but i could be wrong.
                        GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Thanks MD. I will probably end up with the 59 in the neck. But the bridge I haven't decided on. Either a JB, Distortion, or Custom probably.

Comment

sure.
                            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                            X