Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I loose all credibility for this LPC guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I loose all credibility for this LPC guitar?

I have a 197x's Les Paul Custom that I'm 100% sure its a Custom although the serial is only 5 numbers instead of 6

I saw some posts by jgcable in a LPC forum and they claim that it is a "fake"

I checked out the neck pickup the other day and it looks to be a Gibson PAF. I put it on ebay because I'm getting EMGS again. It sounds pretty good, but at the same time I don't like it too much. Infact most neck pickups sound like crap to me unless its in clean channel or for solo shredding. (which I can't do yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

I'm just worried that If i sell this on ebay, which seems like it would go for a lot since I have gotten 1 offer that is alot and another one soon.

I just don't want to go through "its a fake dude, I buy it for 200" bullcrap on this guitar. This guitar is super sweet, but I don't want to be in a position where if I have to sell it that people will say its a fake I'll pay 200 dollars or something.

Re: Will I loose all credibility for this LPC guitar?

is this the creme one?

just be honest if you decide to sell it. you can also try calling 1-800-4-gibson to verify the serial #. apparently, they'll do that for ya.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Re: Will I loose all credibility for this LPC guitar?

Do you want to sell it?

Comment

Re: Will I loose all credibility for this LPC guit

NO! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Michael, just out of curiosity, did your Les Paul Custom come with a Gibson Protector case?

Comment

It came with a older Hamer Case, but when I bought my Studio, it came with that huge plastic Gibson Protecktor case. I kept that nice case and sold the studio with the hamer one.

Comment

YES!!!

Comment

Mike, I never posted that it was a fake. A few Epi players who bash everything on the Gibson forum and try to snipe the same guitar they are bashing posted that they thought it was a fake. That is what they do. They tell you its worth $200.00 and then they offer to do you a favor and take it off your hands. I got so many offers to buy it from the LPC forum members it was crazy (and I wasn't selling it).I am not a fan of Les Pauls or I would have kept it. Actually, I should have kept it regardless. Its real. Like I told you previously, my buddy is a Les Paul collector. He has the exact same guitar and we compared them. They were identical. The color aged exactly like his. They weighed exactly the same too. The factory did something screwy with the serial #. You really should keep the pickups considering they are most likely the original pickups. If I recall they were the black labeled PAF's (or at least one of them was). That is an extremely cool Les Paul Custom. Regardless of the screwy serial # and the fact that it had the 3rd pickup routed in, that is one kick ass guitar.

Comment

Ya i kow you didn't post it was fake, but they claimed it was. I'm just wondering if people will use that against me if I try to sell it in the future, like waaaay into the future.

Yes its a kick ass guitar, I love it to death, but thought I could make some easy cash off the pickup. Maybe I should keep it. The neck one is original, but the middle obviously isn't, and the bridge I'm sure isn't because it had a Gibson Usa in the metal back plate of the pickup.

Thanks!

Comment

here is my pickup

Comment

That right. I remember. The neck pickup was original only. So is the lead rhythm toggle switch. Keep it,, play it. If it was a verified Les Paul Custom from the early 70's with NO ISSUES at all you wouldn't be able to afford to buy it anyway. Because of the screwy serial # and the 3rd pickup route and the fact that the original date coded electronics were long gone, it is hard to verify. Those are the exact reasons why you (and I) were able to afford to own it. My buddy paid $2800.00 for his and it is in the same cosmetic condition as that one but it is completely original.

Comment

Forget the pickup, show me photos of the Protector!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          That right. I remember. The neck pickup was original only. So is the lead rhythm toggle switch. Keep it,, play it. If it was a verified Les Paul Custom from the early 70's with NO ISSUES at all you wouldn't be able to afford to buy it anyway. Because of the screwy serial # and the 3rd pickup route and the fact that the original date coded electronics were long gone, it is hard to verify. Those are the exact reasons why you (and I) were able to afford to own it. My buddy paid $2800.00 for his and it is in the same cosmetic condition as that one but it is completely original.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I plan to keep it, Just don't know about the pickup. I rather sell it and get 2 or 3 emgs instead. Someone already offered a huge sum for it haha.

I will get some fotos of it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Comment

A blue one! Would you be interested in getting rid of it?? I can trade you an SKB Les Paul case for it (the poor man's Protector)

Comment

Working...
                              X