Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I loose all credibility for this LPC guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will I loose all credibility for this LPC guit

Hmmm. I don't remember that pickup being in that guitar [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    The center one was a Jazz, and the middle pickup I took out of it also had the embossed Gibson logo like the bridge pickup.
    Maybe I just never took the pickup out? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I'll hafta check my pics.

Anyhoo, if you do ever decide to sell it, drop me a line, I'd like to have it back.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'll think about it Boxcar.

That is the neck pickup Newc. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Someone from Austrailia propsed 250 dollars + shipping for the neck pickup too [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

I could use the cash since I don't use it that much.

Comment

Hmm. Of all the pics I took, I don't have one of the bottoms of the pickups [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Wish I'da known there was a PAF in it, that woulda gone separate [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Ah well, good luck with the sale of the pickup [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Mike... don't sell that original pickup... donate blood/sperm/organs/hair or the other two pickups. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Look at Boxcar workin' his angle for the Protector... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

heh but I have no use for it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], Emgs is what I want, or Axtogrinds guitar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I guess I'm just trying to balance things out when I buy. If I want something, I have to sell something to get it so i don't loose monies or to much of it.

Comment

I just realized what I said was stupid. Donating all those things gets you NO MONEY in return. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] D'oh!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] What I meant to say was to SELL those bodily parts or the other two pickups. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm wondering what Boxcar's sudden appeal for the Protector cases is... he made another topic about it yesterday evening! Does look like a cool case though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You should sell the pickup and the case.
                These will bring you more money than you would think and that probably help you to buy EMG pickups and some more.

You should do what the best thing is for you.
                If you don't like the pickup, no reason to keep it there and yes these pickups with Patend Applied for stickers will sell a lot.
                It could be from 60's.
                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

it would of been awesome if it were from the sixties, but i doubt it.

those ones have the patent number on the sticker.

well i could be wrong some 1959's have a applied for..

Comment

I can´t remember ever seeing a 3 pickup cream lpc, looks great!

Comment

If it's a real Gibson paf it would be worth more than $250 put it on Ebay and see what you can get for it.

Comment

That is a modern PAF type. 57 Classic or whatever. They started using the PAF stickers again in the early 90's. The originals had the lettering that was a bit smaller.

Comment

The newest Gibson I have is almost 30 years old. I had no idea that they reissued them with sticker to look like the originals.

Comment

Yes, around 1991 or so they started using the "Patent Applied For" decals regularly. Still not a great source of ID as for as long as these have been desireable, guys have knocked off the original decals (better than Gibson has) and people added them to old early patent sticker pickups to sell them for more money.

Comment

Jim,

You seem to know alot about LPs. I have several books about them by Tony Bacon, etc. Would you happen to know of any other publications that are good to learn about the history, specs, etc. of LPs?

Comment

Jim your right I went down to my junk box to find the only paf pickup that not in a guitar and the lettering is much thinner & smaller . ( it's a 63 firebird pickup)

Comment

Working...
                                X