Pawn shop find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn shop find

Does anybody remember those hydiously long finned Kramer Focus 5000's? well i picked one up at a pawn shop. for stupid cheap with the case. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I had to clean it up and set it up as usual with a pawn shop find. I swapped out two of the three humbuckers for a Duncan Distorion and a Duncan Custom leaving the middlepup original and out of phase. Not quite sure if i wanna leave it that way tho. It sounds a bit dark even clean. Maybe its just my amp that im useing now( not my tube amp) so im waiting to get thatback b4 i do anything drastic to it. But anyway the neck is perfect and it plays great. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Gil

Re: Pawn shop find

Pics?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yea, Gil. we need pics! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah Gary, we need pics.. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Oh hang on, this isn't your pawn shop find thread... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool

Comment

Nice, Gil! The Kramer Focus 5000 was my first shred guitar, and I had bought it for looks alone--it was the most extreme guitar I had ever seen outside MTV! That guitar is long gone, but here's its older cousin--a 1982 Voyager:

George

Comment

Do I remember them, I have the striker model. The case that you got with yours is worth more than the guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The focus version should actually be a decent guitar--made by ESP in Japan, poplar body. The Striker, on the other hand, is plywood all the way.

George

Comment

Aiming High, you didn't happen to buy that from Chris guitars did you?

Comment

Good eye manyaxes, I had bought this guitar off a guy in Canada who bought it from ChrisGuitars. I have had a few Voyagers over the years, but this one is in the best shape I've seen these come. If you're curious, here's a link to my other Kramers. http://www.kramerforum.com/george/kollection/
                    George

Comment

Jacksonfreak here is a pic of my $40 Striker 500st. Nothing like the tradition star. The points on these things are huge.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Good eye manyaxes, I had bought this guitar off a guy in Canada who bought it from ChrisGuitars. I have had a few Voyagers over the years, but this one is in the best shape I've seen these come. If you're curious, here's a link to my other Kramers. http://www.kramerforum.com/george/kollection/
                        George

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in love with that '87 Pacer Deluxe. Nice Kramer's man! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

George, I thought it looked familiar, it used to be mine! That guitar was super clean.

Comment

WOW, cool Kramers. I had a cream maple neck beretta just like yours. Were you the one selling the blue strathead Pacer? Do you still have the Pink Jackson?

Comment

Nice collection Aiminghigh!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X