Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany/GC Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany/GC Version

I was at GC wasting the lunch hour and saw they have their own version of these. MF has the worn cherry GC has worn brown. I actually found it to be a very nice guitar with better then average fret work.Has anybody else her played these or bought one? What did you think? I thought $799.00 for an archtop LP seemed like a good deal. The ony thing I questioned are those funky tuners. Chrome Grovers would have made me buy it. Any thoughts?

Re: Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany/GC Version

I've played about every one that we've had in the store ever, I think they're nice guitars for a great price. They sound a little more mellow cuz there is no maple top though. They come with a case too.

Comment

Boxcar, Are they a regular item or a limited production model?

Comment

There limited production i think. the only places that carry them are GC and MF.

Comment

They're limited to GC and MF, but I think initially the GC ones were only supposed to be for last August, but we've gotten some more since then. If you wanna get one but the one at the store you go to is out of them, ask them to check the stock of other stores around the district/chain.

Comment

I prefer the classic Les Paul "burst" look after looking at the book "Beauty of the Burst". I have three LP's, a 1996 LP Classic Premium Plus in Heritage Cherry Burst, a 2002 Std. in Light Burst, and a 2004 Historic R0 Plaintop the is colored similar to the Light Burst.

It sounds like a really good price - don't be afraid to haggle them down even lower.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I prefer the classic Les Paul "burst" look after looking at the book "Beauty of the Burst". I have three LP's, a 1996 LP Classic Premium Plus in Heritage Cherry Burst, a 2002 Std. in Light Burst, and a 2004 Historic R0 Plaintop the is colored similar to the Light Burst.

It sounds like a really good price - don't be afraid to haggle them down even lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the Ebony or White, The bursts don't appeal to me for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

I got the MF worn cherry version last summer. I love the thing! The matte satin finish feels great, fretwork is fine, tuners are fine. Mine now sports a TP6 fine-tuning tailpiece and a set of EMGs (85 bridge and chrome 81 25th anniversary at the neck), and a leather DiMarzio Cliplock strap. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey, Joe. How do you like that fine tuning tail piece?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Hey, Joe. How do you like that fine tuning tail piece?

[/ QUOTE ]
                    I like it. It's cool for quick, minute tuning fixes.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X