gunslinger question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gunslinger question??

Will a OFR fit (dropin) as a replacement on the late 80's BC Rich Bolt-ons??
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Re: gunslinger question??

I believe yes.
    I tried it back in late 80's but don't remember the result..
    The problem is everytime I use trem, it went out of tune.. so that means a OFR will not fit?

Comment

Yes and No. The trem posts on the Gunslingers trem are slightly wider in spacing than on the Floyd tailpeice. So if you want nice trem action, the answer is no.

However, Mark will want it completely blocked anyway, so in
      this case it will work fine.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Thanks Chuck [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
        Yes and No. The trem posts on the Gunslingers trem are slightly wider in spacing than on the Floyd tailpeice. So if you want nice trem action, the answer is no.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so what youre saying is that on my ST-3 with the narower spacing (ibanez edge spacing) I can still use a schaller floyd if I block it? Its 1/16 different. It will stay in place and be stable? I will just have to block it because it will not work well as a tremolo? Or are you just joking around.

Comment

I'm not joking. I never joke. I have no sense of humour that I am aware of.

No, seriously, take my wife...please...

I just flew in from Miami, and boy are my arms tired...

Comment

so what will fit and drop right in?

Comment

Working...
              X