What's it worth? 80's ESP Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth? 80's ESP Horizon

Not sure if you guys will remember this one from last year, but I have been trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar since then (sound familiar Slash? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and I think he's ready to move on it. He got it off of eBay last year and was chipped up more than liste in the auction and while he wasn;t happy about it, he decised to keep it. I've done all the work on it (added the EMG's, total setup and some chip repair.) Other than the chips, there is a crack in the fretboard at the high frets. I'm sure this is from being too dry and I'm also sure it is what it is and won't get any worse. It's very minor. He paid around 700+ for it and I think he wants that back for it. My question is, what is a real world value for it and what would be a fair offer for me to make? I know already I will be retrofitting an OFR. As for the finish, I originally wanted to have it refined, but I think it's looks cool with the chips and it would be a great gigging guitar.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Here's a few pics I took after doing all the work on it. YOu can;'t see the chips at all in the pics.

"My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: What\'s it worth? 80\'s ESP Horizon

Sweet Jim.
    I'd try to start out at ~$550 and see what happens from there. Those are sweet players (I regret selling the 2 I sold) - it's a pre 1989 due to the headstock...
    Good luck

Comment

im not sure about value nice guitar, & i dont think flame tops were common on those, especially with that early headstock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        i dont think flame tops were common on those, especially with that early headstock.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

I'd start with $450, stopping at about $575. I seriously doubt he'll get $700 in its current, less-than-mint condition, even factoring in the rarity and upgraded pickups.

Comment

I remember that guitar.. beautiful.. it would be perfect with gold hardware..

can't help you with the price and stuff, but good luck.. I hope you can get it for a fair price
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I'd say 500-600 bucks due to the condition and age of it, and ESP's don't really hold their value all that well. But regardless, thats a gorgeous flame, and how high you go depends also on how bad you want it. If it was any color other than purple or pink I'd be ALL over it.

Comment

I had an early 90's one similar to that. It was a metallic blue, chrome HW, lic. Floyd, 1V-1T-3way toggle, and std. headstock. I ended up selling it years ago for around $800. It was a decent axe, but my soloists have all been better players.

- Joel
              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
              RIP Dime

Comment

Love the color and flametop. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys. The 550 - 650 price range is were I was thinking. I'll keep you posted if I end up with it this time.

Thanks again.

Comment

Please post some more pics of that if you have any, that is the first purple guitar I think I've ever fallen in love with!

Comment

[EDIT]
                      OH, didn't read the entire thing... NM....

Pat

Comment

Jim, that sure looks similar to my AT-1 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        I agree with others. $450-$550 tops.

Comment

I disagree. I think you'd get higher than that for it on eBay--more like $700. I bought a very beat-up Mirage Custom from that era for $450, and it's a standard production model, unlike this one with the flame top and reverse headstock. The only downside on this one is the ESP trem, whereas mine has an OFR. But the ESP trem doesn't seem to hurt the value that much on eBay. Mirage Customs, M-1s, and old-school Horizons like this routinely hit $600.

Comment

Dead deal! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] He now says he wants to keep it. I offered $600 which is my max, but I really wanted it because I knew it so well. It is a sweet player and I agree on the ESP Floyd. It's junk. Oh well. He said he'll keep me in mind if anything changes so you never know.

Dammit I wanted that one. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X