Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried out one of these fenders yet?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried out one of these fenders yet?!?

http://www.music123.com/Fender-Showm...-i154980.music

I checked out the specs, and they seem ok. Locking Tuners, set 24 fret necks, Seymoud Duncan Pups. Would these be made in the Mexico shop?

Just curious, thanks for any input!!!

Re: Anyone tried out one of these fenders yet?!?

I had a gold top Tele like this about a year and a half ago when they were being blown out for $399. The guitar was pretty nice, and seemed well made. I sent it back because the neck was way to narrow at the nut for my tastes. These are made in Korea.

Comment

I had one of the scorpion teles which I think is/was part of the same series - nice guitar, very light but I never really bonded with it, so it's long gone!
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks nice, kinda like the Squier Stagemaster from a few years ago but with out the Floyd.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Thats too bad they are Korean made, as the specs sound decent, locking tuners, graphite nut, 24 frets, set neck, duncan pups. Also a classic look that is tastefull.

Comment

I've seen one, but didn't get a chance to play it. It was very pretty looking, and it was surprising to see duncans in it.

Comment

The Tele I had had Dimarzios in it. Try it, if you ike it, who cares where it is made, as lomg as its priced accordingly.

Comment

Hey Gemini, don't let the Korean build deter you from trying one out...they're actually pretty nice guitars.

Comment

I had a Fender Celtic that was made in Korea, I'm pretty pissed I sold it, but had to, to get a Gibson Studio... I sold that as well [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Boxcar, do you guys carry them and have u played them?

OR are u just going by Korea in general. Im aware thigns have gotten better in products made there. But still, theres that final fit and finish that a well made guitar offers, and I crave it!

Comment

I have the Showmaster Blackout version (same specs but no fretboard dots), got it as a new but old inventory blow out at local dealer for $399. As the others have said, don't worry about the Korean mfg, its a good guitar. I bought it for the neck thru and arch top and USA duncans that is probably appealing to you. Also, per the fender.com specs, it has a 15.75" fretboard radius, which is J/C territory vs. the norm 9" or so for Fender. It does have a 1-5/8" nut, on the thin side like thebisch says. The dealer didn't even know it had locking tuners..they look like normal tuners, but have a screwdriver sloted screw thing in the center of the tuner shaft you turn to tighten the string. It plays well and sounds good...Try one if you can.

however...soon after I bought a used Charvel Standard (Japan mfg)...bolt-on, no arch top, but 2-point trem, 24frets, USA duncans and a wider nut. In my opinion, the Charvel plays better (probably the nut & neck profile) and sounds just as good IMHO.

Comment

Thanks Mountain, my big hands dont get along with thin nuts.......*thinks about that statement for a second*

Mebbe once they hit Ebay for some decent prices Ill try one out.

Comment

I checked one out at a music store, it was really nice for a korean guitar but didn't do a whole lot for me. It just felt kinda 'dead' - but it was assembled and painted well.

Pete

Comment

Gemini, we carry them and I've had the chance to play several. I think they're nice guitars for what they are, I wouldn't put them against a American Strat or Tele or anything (or an 80's Japanese Fender, my favorites) but I do think they're just as good if not better than a lot of the Mexican stuff.

Comment

Working...
                            X