Gibsons, Darkburst pickups, and RS kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibsons, Darkburst pickups, and RS kits

I have a 93 Gibson V and a 03 Les Paul Standard. I had the RS upgrade electronics kits installed into both guitars this week. I also had WCR Darkbursts installed into the LP, while the Flying V kept it's Duncan 59s.

Holy Crap!!! These things now sound amazing. The guitars are louder, clearer, and have very controllable tone. The change is incredible -- they used to sound thin and anemic, almost as though there were a blanket or filter over the sound. I got about 50 percent of the tone that I am getting now. With the V I can now get tones ranging from Scorpions and Michael Schenker, to early Metallica, to Albert King blues tones. Clean tones are also amazing, crisp and clear. I also installed a push/pull on the tone knob to tap the 59s, which adds a whole new variety of choices.

The Wagner Darkbursts are incredible!!! They replaced the stock burstbuckers, which I was not impressed with. I can't believe how good these things are. This is the way a Les Paul should sound. I don't believe the sound samples on the WCR website do these pickups justice -- they seem more flexible and toneful than that. From great cleans to heavily distorted tones, the Darkbursts get what I want out of my guitar. This is why I bought a Les Paul!!!

-Mark

Re: Gibsons, Darkburst pickups, and RS kits

People on the Hamer board love those WCR pickups. I'm with you on the Burstbuckeres, I think they're very average pickups.

Comment

The Darkbursts are incredible. I can't believe how good this guitar sounds now.

-Mark

Comment

I just installed a RS Guitarworks kit in my Epi LPC along with a Custom/Jazz combo and a few other mods. Glad to hear what a difference they made in yours. Can't wait to finish and fire 'er up; maybe tomorrow since I'm off from work. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
        X