Floyd Rose Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Floyd Rose Guitar

Well, I just got through playing it for an hour. Here is my version of the specs:
    Swamp ash body
    Definately Dinky sized
    Butterscotch translucent finish. Very plain and vintage looking. You would swear that this was an older mint condition guitar.
    Fly Pickguard which is a pretty neat design.
    Hum/Sing/Sing Gold logo'd Floyd Rose pickups.
    Satin 22 fret maple/maple neck with black MOP fret markers and medium jumbo frets. No figuring at all but a nice plain looking neck with excellent fretwork.
    Very high quality speedloader bridge (looked like gun metal)
    5 way switch with 1 really cheesy plastic low profile volume knob. It is the stock knob and it is really crummy looking.
    Neck profile to me was very similar to a Stock Fender Strat. Maybe a little flatter of a profile.
    Tone wise it was very vintage sounding. The bridge pickup sounds like a stock PAF and the 2 singles are typical noisy pickups. To me it, all 5 positions sounded very much like the Fender Lonestar Strat.
    Playability-- not any better than a stock Fender Strat and actually not as good as an Ultra. It played fine though.
    Bridge-- this is the main focal point of this guitar and IMHO the sole reason it was made. To me, it felt like a cross between an Ibanez Low Pro, a Steinberger transtrem and a traditional Floyd Rose. One cool feature is the ability to block the trem with a set screw in the trem cavity to make it like a top mount Floyd as opposed to a full floater. There is absolutely nothing you can't do with this trem but then again, I can do everything with a Low Pro too.
    Very small non-serialized neck plate that was recessed into the body.
    It came in a black with white piping Floyd Rose logo'd case. The Floyd Rose signature was painted on the side of the case. it looks like a G & G case to me.
    This is a no frills guitar. The fit and finish and fretwork are fine. I wouldn't suggest this model (Model 3 I believe) for a metal player. It just doesn't have the nutz for metal.
    Was I impressed?? Not really.
    Is it nice?? Yes
    Do I want one?? If the price is right, yes but I wouldn't pay $1300-$1500 for one.

Comment

I just cruised the Floyd Rose website and the guitar I played is a standard production model (less the serial #).
      It is a swampash body in translucent amber model 3 with a maple neck.

Comment

Here is a pic of the exact guitar:

Comment

Working...
        X