Agile: Disappointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile: Disappointing

Man, after all of the hype on these guitars I figured I would check one out and grabbed an AL-2500 LP copy. Yeah, it was cheap but man, IT IS CHEAP. Hopefully I can send this POC back to where it came from and but something real like a nice pointy Charvel or something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] YMMV. Peace -out.

Re: Agile: Disappointing

Well it's cheap, yes. But I still think they're great bang for the buck, and let's face it, that's not a lot a buck!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I love mine, Just as good as any of the model series I've had, I play that and my model 2 side to side.
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Know what's even more disappointing? Walking into Rondo's store (Rondouche) and trying to get help and answers on some common items that they don't seem to stock or know if they did or ever will! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] They're like a half-hour north of me... I hate that place.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, maybe it's just this particular guitar then. I mean from what everybody says I was expecting a whole lot more. Not a Gibson mind you but more than what I see I guess. I dunno, lemme see what Kurt says, maybe I will swap it for a different one and see what happens.

P.S. I agree the price is right but crap is crap regardless of what you pay for it. FWIW, my Ibanez SZ520 blows this thing in the weeds. YMMV of course.

F

Comment

Well my Tokai (Korean made) LP was far better quality than the Agile Ghost I had. No comparison.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I have an Agile Fretless sn #2390 that i absoulutely love. It is one of the older models with the pointier lower bout, (more les paulish) and the more correct headstock. I think they are killer guitars. I paid 150 for mine from HuntinDoug [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Slowly I turned.....

Well I threw some new strings and a quick setup on it and I will give it this much - it does sound and play pretty good. The stock pickups are not too bad either. Hmmm.....I'm gonna play it over the weekend and see if it "grows" on me. What the heck. The price was right [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Slowly I turned.....

I've got the older LP4000, with the "sparkle top" (like a big piece of pickguard material formed over the archtop). It's pretty much the same materials as the AL-2500. The current fretwire is a little bigger than on mine. But the neck is still Maple and the body is all Mahogany (no Maple cap, on the AL-2500 it's just a veneer), which somewhat changes the character of what I expect from a Les Paul type guitar.

Then I did some upgrades. I changed the tuning keys (which were pretty standard fare) to lockings, dyed the Rosewood fingerboard, changed the pickups (REALLY hated the stock ones) and all the wiring, put on a metal output jackplate. Spent almost as much on upgrades as the guitar cost...
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Know what's even more disappointing? Walking into Rondo's store (Rondouche) and trying to get help and answers on some common items that they don't seem to stock or know if they did or ever will! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] They're like a half-hour north of me... I hate that place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe...Union is only a half hour skip for you?!
                    Sheesh!...it took me almost 20 minutes from Piscataway up rt.22!!
                    I'm more than an hour away now, but I'd probably never darken their doorstep again either!

Up where I am...I have Robbies Music City (killer store) in Wayne
                    Richies Music in Rockaway/Denville (another really cool shop) Both of which are Jackson (import) dealers.

Comment

OMFG, you gotta be kidding me:

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500blkfloydrose.html

Well, it looks like I've found my next guitar purchase.
                      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

that floyd one doesnt look to bad.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Joe...Union is only a half hour skip for you?!
                          Sheesh!...it took me almost 20 minutes from Piscataway up rt.22!!
                          I'm more than an hour away now, but I'd probably never darken their doorstep again either!

Up where I am...I have Robbies Music City (killer store) in Wayne
                          Richies Music in Rockaway/Denville (another really cool shop) Both of which are Jackson (import) dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Yeah, only about a half hour up the Parkway to exit 140, then hop right on 22 and make a U-turn a couple miles down. I'll have to make a trip up by you soon and check out those other stores. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Finally!!! An LP with a Floyd! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I have one 2500 and one 3000, and from experience, the 3000 is a much better guitar than the 2500, although the 2500 was still a very good value for the price. If Kurt brings a floyd equipped guitar to the 3000 line, then I may not be able to resist the urge to buy one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i have a 3000 and it's killer. having a problem with the 3 way switch, but other than that...

the floyded one looks cool!! too bad it's black!!
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X